Cupra r mk2 tailights tinted.

Likey or no likey

• Total voters

SiiiTye

Oct 22, 2018
Surrey
Hey guys
Hope we all had a good weekend!
Just thought I’d share with you that I had my tailights tinted over the weekend and wanted your thoughts?

Attachments

• 647A0CAA-5F3D-4D7C-8F9C-C345BED7C377.jpeg
    647A0CAA-5F3D-4D7C-8F9C-C345BED7C377.jpeg
    731.5 KB · Views: 71

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I like it but do you know if tinted lights like this pass an mot these days? the mighty yellow peril!

SiiiTye

Oct 22, 2018
Surrey
I belive it depends on how many beers and how well you know your MOT tester tbh
I’ll let you know come MOT time. Chuffed with results. Sets off nicely against the yellow and other gloss black trims etc

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I belive it depends on how many beers and how well you know your MOT tester tbh
I’ll let you know come MOT time. Chuffed with results. Sets off nicely against the yellow and other gloss black trims etc
It's definitely a thing for a yellow car, not sure it would suit blue etc good work...

There will always be haters and people love everything so be prepared with your pinch of salt lol

SiiiTye

Oct 22, 2018
Surrey
Totally agree that it works on the yellow and much less on other colours.
Definately a marmite mod but I think the application on the yellow peril works well.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Mainly done cos I hate that fly eye stuff as it reminds me of back in the day mods of nicking ya mums old tights and wrapping your lights in them to “tint” them lol. Ah old school days. Memories

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
If the police see it they'll give you a pull and slap you with a ticket, heavily tinted lights have never been road legal, even if your mate is an MOT tester and writes you a ticket for it.

back in the day mods of nicking ya mums old tights and wrapping your lights in them to “tint” them lol. Ah old school days. Memories

At least then you could rip it off on the roadside and possibly get away with a telling off.

SiiiTye

Oct 22, 2018
Surrey
They are tinted with a film not with paint. All light shines through. And easily removable also. Wouldn’t of painted just Incase I wanted to back to stock

SiiiTye

Oct 22, 2018
Surrey
The amount of light that passes through I have been informed is a MOT pass according to various sources including my mot tester whom I took it to yesterday. Using the word all was incorrect on my behalf and I am truly apologetic

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise