Cupra ST 300 (Facelift) questions...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Afternoon All,

Looking for some thoughts/ideas on the following if possible for those who have the ST...

1 - The Boot - I'm looking for a hard wearing boot liner for the ST as i'd like to try and keep everything clean as possible with easy wipe down etc as it maybe going through a few runs to the tip to clear out the garage, does anyone have anything already that stands up to time and doesn't cost the same as the car haha

2 - Spare Wheel - I see in a few threads that people are buying the full space saver kit for the ST instead of the gunk filler that will come with it, does this change anything with regards to height of the boot liner etc or anything that I would need to know about? I think they seem to go for about £200 for the foam and 18 inch tyre which I assume I need for the Cupra...

3 - DSG Paddle extensions - when I did some looking at these a while back I remember 2 types of these and i'm not sure if that still exists if so does anyone have some black ones to show me and a part no or something so I could have a look see please.

4 - Boot and bonnet struts - I know the boot is different to the hatch so the pop boot mod is slightly different and a few people have done it, after using it a while are you still able to close the boot one handed without giving it the billy big guns lol also with the bonnet strut does anyone use a UK company for quicker delivery than the Russian ones i've seen...

5 - Any other gadgets etc that I may like are welcome, i'm steering away from anything that involves power upgrades or making anything louder lol

Sorry this is all boring haha

Thanks very much in advance.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Afternoon All,

Looking for some thoughts/ideas on the following if possible for those who have the ST...

1 - The Boot - I'm looking for a hard wearing boot liner for the ST as i'd like to try and keep everything clean as possible with easy wipe down etc as it maybe going through a few runs to the tip to clear out the garage, does anyone have anything already that stands up to time and doesn't cost the same as the car haha

2 - Spare Wheel - I see in a few threads that people are buying the full space saver kit for the ST instead of the gunk filler that will come with it, does this change anything with regards to height of the boot liner etc or anything that I would need to know about? I think they seem to go for about £200 for the foam and 18 inch tyre which I assume I need for the Cupra...

3 - DSG Paddle extensions - when I did some looking at these a while back I remember 2 types of these and i'm not sure if that still exists if so does anyone have some black ones to show me and a part no or something so I could have a look see please.

4 - Boot and bonnet struts - I know the boot is different to the hatch so the pop boot mod is slightly different and a few people have done it, after using it a while are you still able to close the boot one handed without giving it the billy big guns lol also with the bonnet strut does anyone use a UK company for quicker delivery than the Russian ones i've seen...

5 - Any other gadgets etc that I may like are welcome, i'm steering away from anything that involves power upgrades or making anything louder lol

Hello

boot liner from ebay perfect and you can buy decent type for good price.i got one and happy with it.i dont remember the brand but you will see if decent on the picture.2 type available lower and higher fitted tray position thats important.

st come with spare wheel in it. So dont worry.

and you need some sound insulation to make the stereo sound good and cabin bit less echoing.
I cant help with another things.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hello

boot liner from ebay perfect and you can buy decent type for good price.i got one and happy with it.i dont remember the brand but you will see if decent on the picture.

2 type available lower and higher fitted tray position thats important.

st come with spare wheel in it. So dont worry.

and you need some sound insulation to make the stereo sound good and cabin bit less echoing.
I cant help with another things.
I was looking for a tailored fit one so it doesn't move at all so i'll check eBay and see what's what, is there any differences with facelift to pre facelift boot liners I assume not...

Do you have the paddles installed in your ST?

Good news about the spare wheel, i've seen posts that others have had to buy them.

I had the MK3 Cupra hatch on hire for a week and the stereo seemed ok for my needs so i'll see if the extra interior space makes things worse or not.

Thanks for your reply :)

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I was looking for a tailored fit one so it doesn't move at all so i'll check eBay and see what's what, is there any differences with facelift to pre facelift boot liners I assume not...

Do you have the paddles installed in your ST?

Good news about the spare wheel, i've seen posts that others have had to buy them.

I had the MK3 Cupra hatch on hire for a week and the stereo seemed ok for my needs so i'll see if the extra interior space makes things worse or not.

Thanks for your reply :)

No problem. No i dont have paddles fitted as i never use them.just put in sport and floor it will do what need to do.

for me bit loud the road noise...

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Afternoon All,

1 - Boot Liner, I was lucky in that it came with matts and boot liner from the dealership who sold it me. They won;t be cheap but I can sat they were really good quality. However as others have suggested, ebay maybe a cheaper option.

2 - Space saver with the tool kit underneath (setup if you want the Seat Sound base speaker in the middle of the wheel) still allows you to have the boot floor in the lowest position. Its the setup I paid for. I even have a torque wrench and the pump that came with the car still under there too. And still space foe the base speaker (when its fitted) in the middle of the wheel :)

I honestly think you could get a full size wheel in there if you put the tool kit in the middle of the wheel. This is because, unlike the hatchback, the exhaust goes either side of the wheel well, so it can sit lower.

3 - The Leon has specific paddles to fit, so Golf R ones won't work sadly. I have the Carbon Fibre version of these and think they're perfect:

https://www.wish.com/product/5e8b262c91ca9e51c02273ce?from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5e8b262c91ca9e51c02273ce&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=25.00&campaign_id=8703990225&retargeting=true&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuJz3BRDTARIsAMg-HxW5UIp8uikWBczTGLYYpG2TYMKrnq2C8ZAd95GO7u34K5DnAvSamtgaAri2EALw_wcB&hide_login_modal=true&share=web

4 - I've only just go the boot struts, and i can still should the boot with one big swing. But the effort needed is the equivalent for a good slam if it was normal struts. You're welcome to have a go of mine when we next meet up.

Bonnet struts, could not give a **** about as I only open the bonnet to check coolant and oil levels ever fortnight. Not enough to warrant the struts.

5 - Brodit clip along with a phone mount is handy.

OBD Eleven for lots of customisation.

If you're leasing, then you're getting new with GPF, so no res delete for you.

Sound deadening for the boot and under rear seat helps with road noise. But speak to @paddy6789 for how to get Audi levels of quiet.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
1 - Boot Liner, I was lucky in that it came with matts and boot liner from the dealership who sold it me. They won't be cheap but I can sat they were really good quality. However as others have suggested, ebay maybe a cheaper option.
The garage haven't got back to me yet but I doubt mine will come with anything I doubt... I think with the amount of stuff i'll be using it for I think a hard wearing one or not very expensive would be best.

2 - Space saver with the tool kit underneath (setup if you want the Seat Sound base speaker in the middle of the wheel) still allows you to have the boot floor in the lowest position. Its the setup I paid for. I even have a torque wrench and the pump that came with the car still under there too. And still space foe the base speaker (when its fitted) in the middle of the wheel

I honestly think you could get a full size wheel in there if you put the tool kit in the middle of the wheel. This is because, unlike the hatchback, the exhaust goes either side of the wheel well, so it can sit lower.
So did yours come with a space saver as standard and you upgraded yours? I haven't looked into the SEAT Sound upgrade is it just the Sub that's missing? Yeah I have a meaty torque wrench for the MK2 which I'll swap in to this one somehow. I think as long as I have a space saver i'd be happy for now but the SEAT Sound thing is something i'd do.

3 - The Leon has specific paddles to fit, so Golf R ones won't work sadly. I have the Carbon Fibre version of these and think they're perfect
Cheers for the link, they look good! I assume no difference between the copper Cupra's and the none copper ones lol I know your's is super snobby and all haha when I had the MK3 hatch the paddles just looked rubbish even though I didn't use them much. Do they hinder anything when on?

4 - I've only just go the boot struts, and i can still should the boot with one big swing. But the effort needed is the equivalent for a good slam if it was normal struts. You're welcome to have a go of mine when we next meet up.

Bonnet struts, could not give a **** about as I only open the bonnet to check coolant and oil levels ever fortnight. Not enough to warrant the struts.
Yeah the boot struts are something i'd like but i'd need the wife to be able to do it one handed as well as me when doing shopping etc... This maybe one for the future as I don't want to put the wife off early haha now i'd normally agree with you on bonnet struts but my drive is very windy at the best of times so the bar has popped out on the MK2 on a number of occasions and i've had to either had to catch it with my hands or head haha so it's more for safety...

5 - Brodit clip along with a phone mount is handy.

OBD Eleven for lots of customisation.

If you're leasing, then you're getting new with GPF, so no res delete for you.

Sound deadening for the boot and under rear seat helps with road noise. But speak to @paddy6789 for how to get Audi levels of quiet.
Sound insulation could be on the cards then as I don't like noisy but I think i'll judge it against the MK2 and if it's worse (i doubt) i'll get something sorted. Yeah the exhaust isn't on my radar as i'm not a massive fan of the crackles and bangs as my music is normally on so I don't hear it anyway, not looked into Brodit I must say but as i've got a OnePlus phone I need it to be cabled in I think as it's Google phones that have the wireless the last I looked. Already got OBDEleven so that's all good!

We got this bootliner:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...6bb3fb9b2:g:4DUAAOSwCPZb9Kn6&var=641300222993
Does the job, not horribly expensive. Just bear in mind that they are tailored to fit depending on whether you have the floor in the upper or lower position.
Perfect Thank you! Is there a standard for the boot to be in that looks normal as it would probably be in that for the majority as I assume you only gain 3 or 4 inches from dropping it?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Sorry if I'm daft but what's the point of boot struts? Will the boot open without needing to lift it?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Sorry if I'm daft but what's the point of boot struts? Will the boot open without needing to lift it?
Yeah supposedly when you hold the boot button in it pops but standard struts don't lift it but the new ones would... Not had it before so why I asked about it lol

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah supposedly when you hold the boot button in it pops but standard struts don't lift it but the new ones would... Not had it before so why I asked about it lol

Yeah I can see the point of that actually, might have to order some myself :)

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The garage haven't got back to me yet but I doubt mine will come with anything I doubt... I think with the amount of stuff i'll be using it for I think a hard wearing one or not very expensive would be best.
Seat one is good and worth the extra I think :) But I sold mine on soon as I got the car as it interfered with the boot floor sitting in the lower position (its one or the other with these things, one one won't fit both position perfectly).

So did yours come with a space saver as standard and you upgraded yours? I haven't looked into the SEAT Sound upgrade is it just the Sub that's missing? Yeah I have a meaty torque wrench for the MK2 which I'll swap in to this one somehow. I think as long as I have a space saver i'd be happy for now but the SEAT Sound thing is something i'd do.
No mine came with the crappy gunk (sub8 brakes used to stop you from specing it). I bought the proper one from RPS and then cut out a section for the torque wrench box to fit in.As it happened the pump that came with the gunk still fits too.

Mine maybe a Carbon, but they're all poverty spec, so seat sound will be retro fitted. There is also an extra speaker under the front dash for Seat Sound.

Cheers for the link, they look good! I assume no difference between the copper Cupra's and the none copper ones lol I know your's is super snobby and all haha when I had the MK3 hatch the paddles just looked rubbish even though I didn't use them much. Do they hinder anything when on?
They're perfect for me, but I got the Carbon Fibre ones for £50 off a FB member who fitted them and didn't like them. as couldn't get his fingers between the paddles the wheel at their closest point. But I don't have that issue and have never caught them by accident.

Yeah the boot struts are something i'd like but i'd need the wife to be able to do it one handed as well as me when doing shopping etc... This maybe one for the future as I don't want to put the wife off early haha now i'd normally agree with you on bonnet struts but my drive is very windy at the best of times so the bar has popped out on the MK2 on a number of occasions and i've had to either had to catch it with my hands or head haha so it's more for safety...
As said check mine out when we next see each other.

Sound insulation could be on the cards then as I don't like noisy but I think i'll judge it against the MK2 and if it's worse (i doubt) i'll get something sorted. Yeah the exhaust isn't on my radar as i'm not a massive fan of the crackles and bangs as my music is normally on so I don't hear it anyway, not looked into Brodit I must say but as i've got a OnePlus phone I need it to be cabled in I think as it's Google phones that have the wireless the last I looked. Already got OBDEleven so that's all good!
@paddy6789 will no where to get the best stuff from :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Seat one is good and worth the extra I think :) But I sold mine on soon as I got the car as it interfered with the boot floor sitting in the lower position (its one or the other with these things, one one won't fit both position perfectly).

No mine came with the crappy gunk (sub8 brakes used to stop you from specing it). I bought the proper one from RPS and then cut out a section for the torque wrench box to fit in.As it happened the pump that came with the gunk still fits too.

Mine maybe a Carbon, but they're all poverty spec, so seat sound will be retro fitted. There is also an extra speaker under the front dash for Seat Sound.

They're perfect for me, but I got the Carbon Fibre ones for £50 off a FB member who fitted them and didn't like them. as couldn't get his fingers between the paddles the wheel at their closest point. But I don't have that issue and have never caught them by accident.

As said check mine out when we next see each other.

@paddy6789 will no where to get the best stuff from :)

I have asked the dealer what they have on arrival and what they can offer see what happens... What do you lower the boot for exactly does it benefit the boot that much?

The sub sounds easy enough but the centre speaker sounds like a pain in the butt! compared to the MK2 the interior is far from poverty haha this is a big upgrade in my eyes!

For £24 it's not that bad even if they didn't work to my tastes and they look pretty good, I may take a punt as they will take an eternity to arrive haha

Yeah I may do just that, at least I have 1 ST buddy so far haha

Is this legal @paddy6789 haha

Cheers for the info @Damo H

Reactions: paddy6789

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have asked the dealer what they have on arrival and what they can offer see what happens... What do you lower the boot for exactly does it benefit the boot that much?

The sub sounds easy enough but the centre speaker sounds like a pain in the butt! compared to the MK2 the interior is far from poverty haha this is a big upgrade in my eyes!

For £24 it's not that bad even if they didn't work to my tastes and they look pretty good, I may take a punt as they will take an eternity to arrive haha

PM me your mobile number and I'll send you a video of the boot floor in action.

I always have it in the lower position.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So just had conformation that the car will come with mats, also it should have a space saver as standard like mentioned above so that helps me out.

So looks like for now it's DSG paddles, possible boot liner dependant on if I have it in the lower or upper position, the brodit mount looks good and will probably be done early doors, thanks to @Damo H for the video I may get the boot struts as well as it would be helpful to have it, then just bonnet struts to help my head when it's windy haha

Why don't Amazon do Prime car deliveries haha

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs

Of course it’s legal. But make sure you’re not followed, and I’ll send you the GPS coordinates of where to meet on a secure message going through 8 VPNs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Of course it’s legal. But make sure you’re not followed, and I’ll send you the GPS coordinates of where to meet on a secure message going through 8 VPNs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sounds legit... I'll take it haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise