Cupra TDI Brake Caliper Bolts

Matt_F_26

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of changing my brake discs and pads. The car has been sat for quite a while and not used.

Does anyone have a part number or info on the Brake Calliper attachment bolts?

At the moment they won't budge and this includes using a lot of WD40, a rather large breaker bar and finally tried heating up the bolts, but nothing. I am thinking the only way forward will be to drill them and try and get an easy out kit on them.

If anyone has any info or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

winko

Hi, can't give much advice about trying to get them out but send an email to AP racing and try to add pictures of the bolts. Sometimes they send out free replacements as this is a fault with the brakes.

Matt_F_26

Cheers, I will do this as well.

Hopefully someone will have part numbers somewhere.

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
I agree with Earthling - I think 'Eaziouts (?) are over-rated. However, I wouldn't use WD40 for this sort of problem - I've always had more success with 'Lusol'. A good spray, leave to soak overnight, usually works wonders.

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Is it the caliper mounting bolts?.. i.e. caliper to the upright. These are Seat not AP.

The bridge bolt that holds the pads in are AP .. they can be cut out and messed with (search for DIY brakes on here; http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174581&highlight=diy+brakes)

It will be hard to cut the caliper mount bolts out.. I would get a long bar and keep going until you broke tool/heads first; use a 6 point impact socket if they are normal bolt heads. My choice is PlusGas.. WD40 is pretty useless. You need to spray it onto the upright where the threads are not the head. If the heads break off then remove caliper and weld nut over remaining bolt .. it will come out with the heat.

I seem to remember having to remove calipers to do the discs.. but it was close.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.