Cupra TDi Rear Brake Advice

grale22

Mk4 Ibiza Cupra Tdi
May 2, 2010
I need to get new discs and pads on the rear and have been quoted about £240 inc. fitment. It broke down to about half and half on parts and labour. Sadly I'm not too flush at the moment, so was hoping there might be some good suggestions on how to get the cost down.

- different/cheaper disc and pads? Who from? UPDATE - Just bought a set of discs and pads

- fit myself? Not great spanner skills, but I've done pads on my old evo. How easy are the discs? What do I need other than the discs and pads? UPDATE - Is there a fitting guide for rear disks and pads anywhere? The search seems to be broken on here currently.

Thanks

Last edited:

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Maybe wait til the weekend and buy the parts yourself from GSF, they've been doing 35% off discount codes every weekend of recent, which could lower parts costa bit?

grale22

Mk4 Ibiza Cupra Tdi
May 2, 2010
Slight update... I've been a bit rash and bought some discs and pads... fingers crossed they're the right ones.

As for fitting... is there a fitting guide on here anyway? The search doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm just getting errors.

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
It's not too bad a job

I replaced my calipers and discs a few weeks ago. not too hard at all if it's just pads and discs.
Should be other videos about but i found this one quite useful

can't post links yet so if you search youtube for a video called "VW Hand Brake" by Doubleboost

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
grale22, just follow the guide above and you will have them done in a couple of hours (for 1st time)
For changing the discs, just undo the philips screw holding the disc in place and pull off disc - may need a technical tap :lol: Just remember to clean all surfaces prior to installing,
The most important part is turning in the piston, DO NOT just push it back into caliper.
It's an easy job otherwise, so give it a go ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.