Cupra Tdi?

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
That won't end up in a Cupra, too much torque for FWD. The current car can barely deploy its 258lb/ft, let alone 360!

Might end up in a Golf R or S3 one day, though.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
This would be cool but can't see this engine coming to C segment any time soon.

Now that Vauxhall have a biturbo diesel (badged 192hp) in the astra it may push VAG in the right direction though. :)

Last edited:

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
A 240 BHP Diesel Cupra would be awesome fun but I can't see this engine trickling down to Seat any time soon, not in time for it to be used on this generation of Leons.

Although I am sure the front wheel drive could cope with the 500Nm, the 184 BHP FR's fitted with DTUK boxes can pull 500Nm (Or there abouts) and I don't hear any complaints there....

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
It's already been fitted/tested in the Golf estate and I'm sure I read somewhere that Seat themselves have a test mule but at present they aren't sure of whether or not it will be put into production.

Seat might introduce half way through the Leon mk3's product cycle to tempt new buyers or refresh the model line up?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
To be fair, a strong diesel will deploy its torque lower in the rev range and more abruptly than a petrol car with the same max torque. We have much more torque off the line than an equivalent petrol car - that's the upside of diesel power. The downside, of course, is that we have to change gear a lot sooner.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise