Cupra Thoughts - 100 miles in

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I love that road from glencoe to fort bill, but I've only ever drove along it in a van loaded with gear after racing the SDA there last year lol :(

Do you ride DH mate?

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
To be honest, it could be purple with lime green stripes and I'd still say its the best FWD car I've ever driven. You don't need to justify your choice of colour, just enjoy it ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I love the way that one minute it is comfortable sedate family car and the next a hooligan tool that can be driven like you stole it. :D:D:D:D

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
OK, 1000 miles in, time for an update :

1) I was supporting Gee Atherton and Manon Carpenter so Fort William wasn't great from that point of view, but the weather was mostly excellent, I'm partial to Tennents and I don't have a nasty reaction to midge bites, so... :)

2) A long run (570 mile round trip) on a good mix of roads was a fair efficiency test. With two chunky blokes and what must have been 100kg of kit, we got 350 miles out of a tank of regular unleaded, which is way better than I ever managed in the Mk2 LCR (despite the Mk3 having a smaller tank). Until we hit the motorway at Stirling on the way back, the predicted total range was 400 miles and I've got no reason to doubt it.

3) Seriously, the number of steps you have to go through to shuffle an SD card's-worth of music is silly. It's like they designed the media interface but forgot that the people using it are going to be driving at the time.

4) Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this, there's a definite lumpy patch in the mapping at part throttle between 2-3000 revs. It's more noticeable in Comfort.

5) So they included a "Lower mirror when reversing" option but forgot to check it worked? Clever.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

1) I was supporting Gee Atherton and Manon Carpenter so Fort William wasn't great from that point of view, but the weather was mostly excellent, I'm partial to Tennents and I don't have a nasty reaction to midge bites, so... :)

2) A long run (570 mile round trip) on a good mix of roads was a fair efficiency test. With two chunky blokes and what must have been 100kg of kit, we got 350 miles out of a tank of regular unleaded, which is way better than I ever managed in the Mk2 LCR (despite the Mk3 having a smaller tank). Until we hit the motorway at Stirling on the way back, the predicted total range was 400 miles and I've got no reason to doubt it.

3) Seriously, the number of steps you have to go through to shuffle an SD card's-worth of music is silly. It's like they designed the media interface but forgot that the people using it are going to be driving at the time.

4) Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this, there's a definite lumpy patch in the mapping at part throttle between 2-3000 revs. It's more noticeable in Comfort.

5) So they included a "Lower mirror when reversing" option but forgot to check it worked? Clever.

Doesn't sound like you're enjoying the car :shrug:?

Jammytoad

Feb 1, 2011
Medway, Kent
The 'lower mirror while reversing' option needs to be set up, basically, while in reverse put mirror to where you want it then come out of reverse and it 'should' go back to normal

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
The 'lower mirror while reversing' option needs to be set up, basically, while in reverse put mirror to where you want it then come out of reverse and it 'should' go back to normal

Ahh, so I should have RTFM :D

What seems to happen is, selecting reverse changes nothing until the mirror adjuster is moved to "L", whereupon the left mirror moves to some predetermined position, which is ideal for reversing near kerbs.

Selecting a forward gear then doesn't move the mirror back until the adjuster is moved out of "L".

Jammytoad

Feb 1, 2011
Medway, Kent
Ahh, so I should have RTFM :D

What seems to happen is, selecting reverse changes nothing until the mirror adjuster is moved to "L", whereupon the left mirror moves to some predetermined position, which is ideal for reversing near kerbs.

Selecting a forward gear then doesn't move the mirror back until the adjuster is moved out of "L".

Yes, the selector needs to be on the side you want to move

Think it moves back to normal if you drive forward

Mar 13, 2011
Took me a while to suss out that the nearside mirror needs to be set when in reverse. Once set, it appears to work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chopsy

May 28, 2014

2) A long run (570 mile round trip) on a good mix of roads was a fair efficiency test. With two chunky blokes and what must have been 100kg of kit, we got 350 miles out of a tank of regular unleaded, which is way better than I ever managed in the Mk2 LCR (despite the Mk3 having a smaller tank). Until we hit the motorway at Stirling on the way back, the predicted total range was 400 miles and I've got no reason to doubt it

That's pretty impressive. How many litres did you get in when you filled up? I know some tanks day empty when there are several litres still in there

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.