Cupra tuned to 350ps?!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
SEAT Sport tune this engine to 330ps for the Eurocup with a TMIC instead of FMIC and thats "safe" tuning

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
Front Mounted InterCooler vs Top Mounted InterCooler. Front is by the radiator etc, top is usually underneath a bonnet scoop, as seen on imprezas.

Loving that conservative tuning is giving results which would be considered 'good' for cupra and cupra r models with 'big turbo' upgrades from 10 years ago

MegustaZX

May 28, 2014
other tuners

Aside from JEdesign, is anyone aware of other tuners having "outed" numbers?

Chippo

Jan 2, 2008
Cardiff, WALES
Why does everything seem to be about what BHP you can get. You'd be better off using the money and doing a performance driving course to learn how to properly handle what power you already have.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Why does everything seem to be about what BHP you can get. You'd be better off using the money and doing a performance driving course to learn how to properly handle what power you already have.

Are you being serious?! Don't take this the wrong way, but there is a reason most folk enjoy tinkering with cars and seeing what the best is they can get out of it. Performance car driving courses will never cost anywhere near what most are prepared to spend on their pride and joy. I am all for advanced driving courses but it would still never stop me from modding a car to get more power from it. It's the whole point about passion for cars........

On the other hand, i may be completely wrong :shrug:

bluenose172

Dec 23, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site

You're missing the point a bit with this comment. A driving course isn't going to get you that 'pin you in your seat' feeling that a 250bhp/tonne car can give you, that's the reason I would get the remap.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Has JE allready solved tuning the motor through obd. As far as I know APR just came out with the software for the GTI motor and is busy to write something for the Cupra engine.
So far I've only seen tuning boxes for the cupra (getting to 340 ish).

The Mk3 cupra allready has a lot of horsepower on the front wheels and all the parts (especially the brakes) are just good enough for the stock power so for me getting more power would also mean investing in better (performance pack?) brakes.
I do agree that a driving training could be wise for some drivers since the cupra has a lot of potential and learning how to use it might be a better idea than getting even more power and enlargening the gap between performance of the car and driver skills.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Cupra 345? I only know the cupra 280 and was less than impressed (good for stock performance but for really spirited driving / track days the performance brakes or better would be good.

Je design wants 1900 Euro's for the sofware and I can't find out if they do a box (tested one and wouldn't be my choice) or if they are able to remap the ecu.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.