Damage during Service

bnic11

Mar 21, 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
Had my 184FR in for its 1st year service last week & it ended up staying in overnight due to a slight leak from the water pump which was replaced under warranty.

It was raining when I picked it up & did not notice anything, but when I washed it the day after I found a dent above the drivers door that was not there before it went in. Its also looking like the rubber door seal (below & in line with the dent) is slightly bulged out over which to me looks as if the door has been shut on something like a cable or power lead.

The Dealers going to look at it this week..............but I'm not very happy as it will probably need to be filled & painted

Anyone had any success getting Dealers to fix things like this ?

easybreeze80

Aug 31, 2014
I've had this in the past but didn't notice for a few days, I'm not sure how you can prove it's them :( I didn't bother, if it was the next day them you stand more of a chance.

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
My car was in Bristol Street... mint in, dents out - they actually stood and argued that they were there when I came in ! B'stards.

Stuck it out, and they did repair it - but I was fekkin glowing !

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I've had a dealer repair an alloy damaged during a service. I sent them photos and they admitted they kerbed it on their car wash.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Sorry to hear that and I hope they sort it out for you foc.

Mine goes in for it's first service this Friday and I have a slot booked so will just wait the 2 odd hours while service is done.

Car is minty clean atm so I will ask them not to wash it and will be having a good check round the car before I leave.

It's bad enough getting damage to a car on the street but it's much more annoying when it happens in a dealers care as they should know better and take some care with customers cars, although we all know it's rush rush get it out and next one in :(

bnic11

Mar 21, 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers lads, yeah, its my third Leon FR from the Dealer & always get them serviced there with no problems whatsoever. With them keeping it overnight, not sure if something has happened then.

Will find out tomorrow !

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Get the bloke you hand over to to inspect your car before you hand him a key.... And give you a bit of paper saying it's straight.
Will save a lot of sanity:-D

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Had my 184FR in for its 1st year service last week & it ended up staying in overnight due to a slight leak from the water pump which was replaced under warranty.

It was raining when I picked it up & did not notice anything, but when I washed it the day after I found a dent above the drivers door that was not there before it went in. Its also looking like the rubber door seal (below & in line with the dent) is slightly bulged out over which to me looks as if the door has been shut on something like a cable or power lead.

The Dealers going to look at it this week..............but I'm not very happy as it will probably need to be filled & painted

Anyone had any success getting Dealers to fix things like this ?

yes, my old car was bumped and they sent it back and didn't tell me. found it when i got back home and fair to say i went nuts. fully repaired and i was compensated with costs incurred and I've had 2 free services, mot's and other bits too

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
My car was in Bristol Street... mint in, dents out - they actually stood and argued that they were there when I came in ! B'stards.

Stuck it out, and they did repair it - but I was fekkin glowing !

same happened with mine, same dealer network, big gash in the bumper and paintwork off

to say i was glowing is an understatement

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
Get the bloke you hand over to to inspect your car before you hand him a key.... And give you a bit of paper saying it's straight.
Will save a lot of sanity:-D

Shouldnt the dealer do this every time?

Did when i took my car in for service, he looked around it first and noted anything then got me to sign etc..

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I had the same on my wifes car. They dented the sill jacking up the car.
They wouldn't admit liability but fixed it as a good will gesture, wth?

bnic11

Mar 21, 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
Good news - the Garage have agreed to repair it. Apparently they discovered on CCTV that some plastic containers from a lorry damaged another customer car & although it was not clear on the footage, mine must have taken a knock as well.

They should really find a more secure place to keep customer cars if thats the case, away from any lorrys loading etc.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Good news - the Garage have agreed to repair it. Apparently they discovered on CCTV that some plastic containers from a lorry damaged another customer car & although it was not clear on the footage, mine must have taken a knock as well.

They should really find a more secure place to keep customer cars if thats the case, away from any lorrys loading etc.

Or is that just to pass the buck & keep you coming back?

Either way glad it's sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.