Damaged roof plus, repair or scrap it?

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Seat Cordoba 1.9 130 6 speed

The bonnet let loose while in the outside lane, gave me whiplash and scared the bejeesus out of me but still here!

The insurance won't cover bonnet failure so trying to decide if it's worthwhile to repair or sell it off as it for the decent engine and all other good parts.

If it was just the bonnet and screen, perhaps but that roof damage perhaps not.

Anyone think it's economical to repair or stick it on ebay as it is?

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah287/shaung12/IMG_0280_zpsaqvupuqo.jpg

Last edited:

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Thanks Drew07, was a tad scary at that speed on the M2.

I decided to put it on ebay and see what happens. I know the engine is great and worth a couple hundred and the 4 brand new tyres (January) are worth a few quid.

Last edited:

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
wow that would have made me sh*t my pants. I'm not sure as to what it would cost but you could call around some places for quotes. depending on the age/milage of the car would be a big factor for me, no use spending 1000s on a car that's not got that in resale. good excuse to get a new one is it not? :)

Earn it, Spend it

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I was fairly certain repair would not be viable but thought I'd ask here in case someone knew better.

I have already got a replacement - another Leon with the same engine, got it from a dealer for a change as usually buy private, and had trouble from day one with a failed radiator and a couple of less serious things. I was desperate for a car as need one for work, it was late in the day and I was tired after the long journey and on painkillers for the whiplash, so stupidly trusted the dealer rather than properly check it over.

Then the power steering went - again on the motorway!!! Found the hose had a gash that finally broke through but tough to blame the dealer so taking that one on the chin.

Slowly putting things right and the dealer is being a git over costs so looks like a case for the small claims court.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.