Damp rear footwells

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
Slightly confused as I've just been out to my Freetrack and the rear footwells are damp - I've not driven it for about a week and in that time I don't think it's rained at all?

I'm vaguely aware of the doors seals being an issue and also the door cards etc - I can't be sure, but I suspect the previous owner may have had a the issue as well as it looks like someone had definitely had the trim off (from B pillar back) to lift the rear carpet.

I've had the car since December and not noticed it previously

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
When I mention the door seals and cards above, I meant to say I'd not seen/noticed it on this car all through the winter.

Just been out to it again today (after removing the mats yesterday) and they're bone dry?

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
I had this on another car. I stripped everything, even thought it was getting in through the footwell vent. Turned out drain holes were blocked. Peel back the rubber door seals and check. Blew mine out with an airline and all sorted. Amazed the amount of gunk that had built up inside.

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
I've been checking them over the lest few days - I've given it a thorough washing and they remained dry and it properly pi$$ed it down on Thursday - still dry today?

I'm at a bit of a loss unless the lack of use and temperature/weather variations has resulted in some significant condensation?

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
During the winter I had to place 2 car dehumidifier bags on the dash as there's certainly a condensation build up overnight in cooler weather, just the cheap ones from Halfords worked.

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
If it comes back I'll stick a couple in the rear footwells

One consequence of the recent downpour seems to be a leaking No1 cylinder coil pack - went to do essential shopping and got a mis-fire logged - removed the coil pack and spark plug (replaced the plugs about 250 miles ago) and they were both damp and both showing signs of heat.

Swapped them over to No3 and initially had a mis-fire on 3, but it's gone now (suspect it's fully dried out) - going to buy a new set of coil packs and 1 new spark plug as a precaution (hopefully the seal on the new packs will prevent water ingress)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.