Darkside Developments

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
Anybody have any experience with hard cut rev limiter?

I have asked Darkside developments but I got a very sarcastic response and will not be using there services again. I don't do slating companies but their attitude stinks,especially as I've spent a fair bit of money there.

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
Youtube it mate, A buddy of mine has it mapped in! Sounds awesome!

See I asked my mate to do a map but he took advice from 3 top mappers and they all said they wouldn't do it as it can be fatal to your engine and it's especially dangerous on diesels.

This is why I asked Darkside but they just gave me an arsey reply. I was going to buy a map of them but not now.

Last edited:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
So 3 mappers said they wouldn't do it and a well respected oil burner tuning company 'got arsey' (which I find hard to believe) seems to give the impression that it isn't a wise thing to do!

Perhaps they are more interested in looking after their customers over blowing engines and expecting grief on forums from said customers who's engines have let go.

Just my tuppence worth though.

Fish

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
So 3 mappers said they wouldn't do it and a well respected oil burner tuning company 'got arsey' (which I find hard to believe) seems to give the impression that it isn't a wise thing to do!

Perhaps they are more interested in looking after their customers over blowing engines and expecting grief on forums from said customers who's engines have let go.

Just my tuppence worth though.

Fish

I will attach the email if you think I'm lying. I asked them their thoughts on the hard cut as they run it but not many other mappers will touch it. A justifiable easy answered question and I got a shitty answer.
If this "well respected" company run hard cut rev limiters then they weren't saving my car, they chose to be arsey. When you've spent close to a grand with said company I don't expect that kind of response. Even if I hadn't spent a penny, you don't talk to potential customers like that. Their loss though, my money will go to another company from now on.
Amazing what popularity can do to folks heads.

You are assuming in your post, get the facts before you post up trying to make me look like an arse.

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I had the APR stage 1 map on my Mk2 LCR which has the hard cut limiter and it was fun :drive1:

Not sure if it's available on the diesel application though.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I had the APR stage 1 map on my Mk2 LCR which has the hard cut limiter and it was fun :drive1:

Not sure if it's available on the diesel application though.

I need to go to spec savers..... Thought you'd missed an 'n' .... :rofl:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
As mentioned above its part of the APR v3.4 software.
By its very nature I doubt its detrimental. Although continually being up in the red zone isnt the best way to treat the car in general, its pretty cool when it kicks in :)

Braap..braap...braap..braap..etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.