Dash Cam Recommendations

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Can people recommend Dash Cams please? Budget £50. Looking at front and rear (if possible).

I would like to hardwire it so that it’s constantly recording/records if someone damages the car when parked.

I’ve been looking at this on Amazon -

APEMAN Dash Cam Front and Rear Support GPS 1080P Full HD Dual Lens Car Camera with IPS Screen, 170°Wide Angle, G-sensor, WDR, Night Vision, Motion Detection, Parking Monitoring

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GPWV9RV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2577EbHKS6QBM

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Slightly over your budget - but I've got the Transcend DrivePro 200, really can't fault it at all, excellent quality crystal clear footage. Maybe drop on one with a discount code or second hand? The wifi is a massive bonus for quick downloads too.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Slightly over your budget - but I've got the Transcend DrivePro 200, really can't fault it at all, excellent quality crystal clear footage. Maybe drop on one with a discount code or second hand? The wifi is a massive bonus for quick downloads too.

Thank you. I was just looking at that one actually. Does it have parking mode?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Not entirely sure tbh with you!! Mine just goes off with the ignition via the 12V socket. So not sure what hard wiring with a constant supply would do for you?

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
About 5 years I got a cheap dash cam for about £55 for my old car I used to have, came with front & rear dual cameras the front was roughly 5MP, but the rear was pants was just under 1MP, basically it was similar to the Crosstour dash cam but with a weak rear camera and didn't have GPS location.

I currently have a VIOFO A129 dual cameras cost is between £130 to £155 depending where you look.
I got mine from Amazon only because I had some gift vouchers.
This dash cam has all the trimmings but the only thing is it only accepts the genuine VIOFO memory card.
Footage and sound quality are great can't fault it, think the camera's are 8MP.

Si

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.