Dash illumination on constantly

medicpaul

Don't a real problems but more of an annouynce. The illumination for the dash and buttons stay on even though the lights are off, any ideas?

medicpaul

Scantool reads "convenience module in emergency mode??

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
The dash lights are always on when the ignition is on, just one of the features on the Leon. You'll find it a bit weird to begin with, but when you switch to another car you'll miss it!

The dash lights are always on when the ignition is on, just one of the features on the Leon. You'll find it a bit weird to begin with, but when you switch to another car you'll miss it!

Until you pull out of petrol stations or multistoreys at night time and think you've got your lights on... Done it a few times! Only to pull out onto the road and get flashed!

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
also to note beside the light switch is a dimmer for the lights so if its really noticable in day light its probably whacked right up.

joey_b

I think if you have vag tacho or vag k+can with hex editor software you can turn the instrument cluster lighting off. On MK4 Golfs you can activate this so i presume you would be able to deactivate this?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Until you pull out of petrol stations or multistoreys at night time and think you've got your lights on... Done it a few times! Only to pull out onto the road and get flashed!

I have a specific light for my headlights, a bright green thing that doesn't dim with the rest of the dashboard. It's a little difficult to miss! :)

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
I have a specific light for my headlights, a bright green thing that doesn't dim with the rest of the dashboard. It's a little difficult to miss! :)

I think you missed the point. Coming from other cars where the dashboard lights up when the lights are on so at night you'd look at the dash see nothing and think 'lights' to the leon where they are always on means it's easy to forget your lights at first, especially coming out of multistorey car parks and supermarket car parks that are brightly lit.

I don't see how not having a green light on can remind you that you haven't got your lights on in the same way that seeing nothing on the dash would.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.