Dashcam - hardwire fuse point?

Wobblydog

Dec 16, 2018
North East
So I've just taken delivery of an Altea 1.9D Stylance - 56 plate with 83k on the clock.
I've removed my dashcam from the lease car that is going back, and aim to fit it into the new motor ASAP.
Any advice on which fuse point to piggyback off? Want it to be wired with ignition, so it comes on automatically on starting.

Have got the owners manual but it doesn't seem to have a fuse layout plan in (but admit I haven't done every page). Should be straightforward, but just trying to prempt any problems.

Wobblydog

Dec 16, 2018
North East
So I've just taken delivery of an Altea 1.9D Stylance - 56 plate with 83k on the clock.
I've removed my dashcam from the lease car that is going back, and aim to fit it into the new motor ASAP.
Any advice on which fuse point to piggyback off? Want it to be wired with ignition, so it comes on automatically on starting.

Have got the owners manual but it doesn't seem to have a fuse layout plan in (but admit I haven't done every page). Should be straightforward, but just trying to prempt any problems.
So, if anyone IS looking for the answer - I found that using one of the 1st 7 or 8 vacant ones (bottom row, right side under dash, count from the right) was wired through the ignition. Earthed to one of the steering column bolts, I now have a power-on camera. The only problem is because of the sweep of the wipers, the position of the camera needs to be quite central. Must make sure the unit is detached when it goes for MOT though. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.