David Cook Motors looses Seat franchise

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Checked the small print in the finance info I signed from VWFS, only stipulates car must be kept in good serviceable order with regular service intervals. Does not stipulate where it must be serviced.

As I have not received a letter from SEAT informing me anything about David Cooks I see no reason whatsoever not to continue using them for my service business.

So mine was booked in this morning to David Cooks for its 2nd year service.

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Had another letter from SEAT UK, in which they are backtracking a bit on their previous letter re DC Motors.

Someone from the legal team have obviously give someone a kicking regarding the assertion that DC motors can no longer service SEAT cars.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
True mate,

I'll not use anyone else to service the Leon. However, I don't think I will buy another SEAT car, seeing as they've decided to more or less alienate a major geographical area as Greater Manchester

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just got back from collecting the car from David Cook Motors, great service as usual from a friendly family owned company. Very happy with the service, no different in my eyes than what I received before except the prices are much keener now they are acting as an independent, very professional as always.

Spoke with David Jr, and he is very keen to keep their business in the forum members minds for service work, and we are aiming to have discussions in the near future about that, offering a good discount on service plans etc.

So once David gets back to me, I'll let you all know the details, of what they aim to offer.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
It's a shame as the guys there are fantastic and the workforce has been steady in the 10 years I've been dealing with them with our two cars.

I've moved away from the area and will be using R M Fisher in Galgate for the first time this week to start a new anti-perforation claim. Immediately, the guy there was "off", so we'll see how that goes and if I end up using Bells at Preston for servicing.

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Just back on the Seat scene again. Gutted to see these guys aren't Seat anymore. Great service and friendly bunch. Not over that way as much these days but I wish them all the best on their solo run.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Shame, I didn't realise, I phoned them today to buy parts. (just bought an Alhambra after several years of non-ownership).
The Stockport and the Bury dealers were very hard work to buy a car from, so I bought from David Cook.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise