De-activation of interior alarm monitoring

adstalker

Nov 5, 2010
Darlington
Hi all

I have a question and your help would be appreciated.

I have a new FR TDI and often have a dog in the car. I notice from the manual that there is supposed to be a button on the drivers B pillar (as I did in my previous Skoda Superb) for de-actvating the interior alarm monitoring, but I cant seam to find it.

Can anyone tell me if there is another way to de-activate the interior monitoring because at the moment, whenever I leave the dog in the car the alarm is activating.

Thanks in advance
Anthony

easybreeze80

Aug 31, 2014
OMG, Is this the same on older VAG cars? My Mk5 R32 has the disable button on the B pillar but I always press the lock button twice as I thought that did the deadlocks... Is this not correct?

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
As far as I know mate, VAG cars are always 'fully' locked on the first press of the lock button.

I've had Fords and Mazdas, and experience of various other makes etc, and they pretty much all require you to press the button twice for this level of locking. I personally prefer VAG's approach; you more often than not want the car alarmed and deadlocked so why make the owner press the button twice to 'get to' the most used operation!

easybreeze80

Aug 31, 2014
As far as I know mate, VAG cars are always 'fully' locked on the first press of the lock button.

I've had Fords and Mazdas, and experience of various other makes etc, and they pretty much all require you to press the button twice for this level of locking. I personally prefer VAG's approach; you more often than not want the car alarmed and deadlocked so why make the owner press the button twice to 'get to' the most used operation!

That's a good point, will have to confirm this :) Thanks.

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Im glad I read this as I was under the assumption that a 2nd push was the deadlocks ! I've been hitting once to lock , then holding 2nd press to fold mirrors. Does that mean I've had no internal sensor all this time ?

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Depends how quickly you press the key a second time I think. Have tried it on mine and if you press it twice quickly the red light on the nearside door doesn't illuminate so to my thinking the alarm is disabled.
Press it once then a few seconds later press again to fold in the mirrors and the red light flashes therefore monitoring the interior of car.:(

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Yeah , I wait a few secs and notice the red light on when its dark in my garage. But it also clicks (like a deadlock sound) and the indicators flash the same as if I just do 2 presses.

Maybe I should read my instructions . . . .

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.