Dead car please help!

rapg1000

Hello,

I hope someone can help with my frustrating car! Its an Ibiza 2005 1.9 sdi with 60k.

It sometimes starts fine, but most of the time tries to start, then just dies.

It also comes up with these codes.

P2102 throttle actuator control motor circuit low.
P0489 Exhaust gas recirculation control circuit a low
P0216 Injection / injector timing control circuit.

It seems there are many things it could be. And as it throws up 3 codes at the same time would it be fair to assume it may not be those parts that are the problem but something else causing them?

So far I have given it a new oil and filter, fuel filter, fuel lines between the injectors, battery, air filter. Checked the fuses. The relay 109 appears to be clicking correctly but I'm not 100% on that... Oh also i looked at the throttle body and cleaned it but it was pretty clean anyway...

I'm currently thinking its an electrical problem as it dies so quickly, but I'm running out of ideas....

Many thanks for your help....

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Just googling for P0216 brings up lots of cases where this points to injection pump failure.

The ODB-codes site also says to check fuel filter/pipes for blockages
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0216

P2102 - the description is incorrect, diesels have no throttle. I think in the past this has been related to the anti-shudder valve, a throttle-like butterfly which is electrically driven on some engines. If this is faulty, it could be that the anti-shudder valve is partly closed, which would cause problems.

rapg1000

Thanks for your help Muttley,

Its strange, it starts sometimes with the accelerator pushed down a bit, runs for a few seconds very smoothly then instantly dies. No rough running. Just dies. Just checked the fuel cut off solenoid on the pump which seems to be ok. So it seems to be getting fuel ok. Any further thoughts?

Cheers

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Sorry to hear it. 60K is very low mileage for an injection pump failure. Has it had any episodes of being misfuelled with petrol? Those pumps are usually very reliable.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.