debating moving from Mk2 leon fr to Mk3 Questions

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
Hey Everyone.

Looking for a bit of information please of actual real mpg in the 150s and 184 Diesels FRs, I bought my Mk2 supercopa in Oct14 and cant seem to get the mpg i was hoping for.

I average about 50 miles a day mostly motorway or a roads and hit a wall at 49-50 mpg i know its not too bad but had a fabia vrs before and that was averaging 60mpg easy and was hoping the leon wouldn't be too far away.

So went and test drove them the only problem is it looks more basic car to the supercopa but willing to take the hit if mpg is alot better.

They are claiming 150bhp is 68.9 and 184 is 64.9 so both over 15mpg to what am actually getting.

Thanks

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
you should get 50 min out of a 184 with that drive.
Mine does 50 on 10 mile cross country drives.
I did 200 miles yesterday, mainly motorways but in 4th and 5th to keep revs over 2500 and force the DPF to clean itself.
It returned 56.1....will be doing 300 tomorrow on a more sensible profile, and hope to get 60.

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
I drive an 2l diesel FR 150. The computer tells me that the average consumption since the last refuel is 48mpg. That's not bad I think considering the current cold weather in the South East and the car being on Sport mode. I average 200 miles per week divided in 60% A roads but with some traffic, 20% motorway and 20% town.

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
you should get 50 min out of a 184 with that drive.
Mine does 50 on 10 mile cross country drives.
I did 200 miles yesterday, mainly motorways but in 4th and 5th to keep revs over 2500 and force the DPF to clean itself.
It returned 56.1....will be doing 300 tomorrow on a more sensible profile, and hope to get 60.

I drive an 2l diesel FR 150. The computer tells me that the average consumption since the last refuel is 48mpg. That's not bad I think considering the current cold weather in the South East and the car being on Sport mode. I average 200 miles per week divided in 60% A roads but with some traffic, 20% motorway and 20% town.

yeah i was hoping for something along those lines with the supercopa..think the best i have had and driving like miss daisy what is hard was 52.1mpg.. and the new ones were all quoting 65-69mpg so quiet a difference for a daily driver. Just wasnt sure if they were true or not..

The supercopa doesnt have the sport mode..one setting only but that was my other possibility of a eco remap.

I know i could go for something totally eco friendly but like the styling and power wise compared to 78 fiesta or so

Cheers for the help. might be worth a trip to see some new ones.

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
I've been wondering how many MPGs everyone is getting from their LEONs because my Fabia VRS gets 56mpg driving like I stole it to work and the leon 184 is just touching 50mpg driving normally but the combined figured for these cars are 52 for the Fabia and 65 for the LEON.

I am hoping for more as it's still new, only ever had cars with 30K miles on them so fingers crossed.

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
I've been wondering how many MPGs everyone is getting from their LEONs because my Fabia VRS gets 56mpg driving like I stole it to work and the leon 184 is just touching 50mpg driving normally but the combined figured for these cars are 52 for the Fabia and 65 for the LEON.

I am hoping for more as it's still new, only ever had cars with 30K miles on them so fingers crossed.

haha thats exactly like i was.. no need to drive sensibly with the fabia and it still said over 60mpg but when i was saying about it on briskoda they were saying not to believe the mpg display on the vrs.. and it kinda made sense cause i was in the fuel station more with the fabia.. but am at the stage for the money a paid for it and servicing and stuff a would be easier running me evo everyday and sell the daily runner.. or take a hit on it and move on to something more practical and didnt want to jump in again without some research

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi mate,

can't comment on the economy, but I have just ordered a 1.8 FR, coming from a MK2 2.0 FR. Must admit I wasn't won over by the looks initially but they have grown on me, and now looking forward to getting the MK3. Gone for the sunroof and titanium pack to make it stand out a little more. The Supercopa does look a bit special must admit especially in white. Have a good long test drive it you can.

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
Hi mate,

can't comment on the economy, but I have just ordered a 1.8 FR, coming from a MK2 2.0 FR. Must admit I wasn't won over by the looks initially but they have grown on me, and now looking forward to getting the MK3. Gone for the sunroof and titanium pack to make it stand out a little more. The Supercopa does look a bit special must admit especially in white. Have a good long test drive it you can.

the more i look at them they are growing on me also Just not much of a difference from a standard new leon, think thats why the supercopa jumped out with the btcc kit,tick lights, bbs alloys and all the spec inside .. would be interesting to see what i get for a trade in tho against the new one.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
the more i look at them they are growing on me also Just not much of a difference from a standard new leon, think thats why the supercopa jumped out with the btcc kit,tick lights, bbs alloys and all the spec inside .. would be interesting to see what i get for a trade in tho against the new one.

The MK2 is still in demand i got a really good deal, another reason that i decided now is the time to change.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members