Decent phone holster

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
Hi guys, can anyone recommend a really good phone holster for a Samsung Galaxy S3.. Been having fall outs with my Tom Tom sat nav and decided to just use phone as that has been miles better :)

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I'm interested as well. I recently got that phone and I am looking for a decent holster, preferably an A/C vent one, though, because I dislike windshield ones.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
I just got a cd slot holder with a phone mount. It's good but does mean that u can't see wot is on the radio/iPod etc

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Thanks guys. I remember there was that spider-looking one which was very flexible and adjustable but at the same time made of strong material which doesn't easily break. Does anybody remember its name? I wouldn't mind ordering it now before I spend the money in my internet card on some other crap! lmao

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
20120330_180751.jpg

20120330_180801.jpg

20120330_180745.jpg

Brodit Proclip fitted to my FR TDI

I have since fitted it to my LCR

Basically you buy the mount for the car, then buy the holder for the phone... if you replace your phone just buy a new holder

Ive recently swapped from S2 to S3

Not cheap by any means but excellent quality

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
Ordered the brodit, had a £20 amazon voucher so for both cradle and holder it came to £15.88 :)

Now for a more interesting question... cable runs? Ive bought the A pillar mount so how can I have a power source located there with cables tucked neatly away?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I have been searching online and the only sites I found that actually sell the Brodit (not even sure if it fits the Leon) are in swedish and such and to be honest I don't trust those websites. I couldn't find it on amazon, so can someone please direct me to a trustable site that sells one that fits the Leon? I want one with tilt swivel but WITHOUT cigarette adapter since that's too expensive for me, especially considering the shipping cost.

I want this one: http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=853714&pn=prod&brand=Seat&model=Leon&year=2011 but I don't think the site actually sells and ships them.

Thank you very much.

jonkwright

Can anyone recomend a universal holster? or is it always worth going specific?

Got my phone upgrade coming up in May/June, and don't know whether to hold off until then or get something universal now.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The Brodit solution would be better even with a new phone coming, the back plate will stay the same you just buy the new holder part for your phone... :)

jonkwright

Cool, thanks guys.

Just looked at the brodit ones, look pretty smart.

Which mount have you guys gone for? I'm installing a new HU this weekend hopefully, so don't want anything that will obscure the display or get in the way.

Thinking i might go pillar mount.

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
I've gone A pillar mount myself, didn't want anything obscured on the dash and I don't use the small quarterlight at all so thought it would be ok to block. Just want to figure out how to run cables so they are hidden from view. Will need to run an Aux and power cable.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've gone A pillar mount myself, didn't want anything obscured on the dash and I don't use the small quarterlight at all so thought it would be ok to block. Just want to figure out how to run cables so they are hidden from view. Will need to run an Aux and power cable.

Be good to get a guide of how you do it :) I see you don't have a RR yet...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.