Defrost flap control motor

Larahausp

Oct 19, 2020
Hiya
The windscreen defrost blower is not working on my exeo. My friend has put it on his machine and its come up blocked or no voltage.
If I change the motor is it just plug and play or does it need to be plugged back in to be .reprogrammed

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
changed one on mine its just plug and play six bolts to remove lower the glove box onto the floor if you undo the wire that goes to the airbag switch the one with the key hole in it then DO NOT switch the ignition on as it will throw an airbag light on the dash the motor itself is held in with two or three tiny little torx screws which can be a bit awkward to access i changed mine myself it cost around £80 from SEAT for the motor and took less than an hour to remove and refit a new one

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
i think you need to unplug it or sit the glovebox on top of something in the footwell i.e a box or something but its easier to unplug it then put the glove box on the footwell floor it gives you better access as long as the ignition is off and the keys are out then its safe to unplug it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.