Deleted features

Big G mfc

Nov 12, 2021
Hi all, just put the car in for its second service and to fix an issue with the wheel buttons, well the buttons now work but features seem to have gone AWOL
SatNav no longer works, just says "please wait"
Full link not available so can't use android auto.
Cruise control has turned into a speed limiter.
I tried resetting the media unit didn't help
Anyone else had these issues?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Presumably it was a Seat dealer that serviced the car? What did they say when you spoke to them about these problems?

Big G mfc

Nov 12, 2021
It was, they were updating software since yesterday, picked it up today I didn't turn on the media thing until I got home, when I called them , the service dept was closed so it has to wait until Monday now and the drive profile selection is gone as well 😞

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I've had the 'please wait' message after an update, it disappeared on its own after I parked the car and came back the next day.

May 25, 2022
I had the same issue. Apparently they messed up something during the update, told me they didn't do some software configuration correctly... Well, either way, I told them to test the car next time after they push in a lot of new updates (I got the 90T4 and 90U2 updates and they didn't even bother confirming that the car was working after doing so.

After I brought it back in they had driven 12 or 14 km (can't remember), but at least they had tested it (the way it should be from the start)

Big G mfc

Nov 12, 2021
I let it slide as they gave me a Terraco for the day, next time I will be a bit more reluctant for it to be done unless proven

May 25, 2022
I let it slide as they gave me a Terraco for the day, next time I will be a bit more reluctant for it to be done unless proven
Yeah well, it was free service (albeit of low quality). They offered me a free handwash, instead they could've filled the tank from roughly 60% to full but I guess not.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
So now I have the same issue because of a service recall for to a faulty 12v battery control unit. The maps are stuck in Please Wait, Full Link unavailable and probably other features are missing. I'll leave the car for an hour then I'll try the battery disconnection trick if there's no change...

I hope it works for me too 🤞

May 25, 2022
So now I have the same issue. Maps stuck in Please Wait, Full Link unavailable and probably other features are missing. I'll leave the car for an hour then I'll try the battery disconnection trick.

I hope it works for me too 🤞
I brought it back to the repair shop and they fixed it overnight. I didn't ask for details as I was pissed. Good luck!

Reactions: adrianator

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Update: so they fixed it. They forgot to reconfigure the car so basically I lost all features like SatNav, Full Link, adaptive headlights, DCC drive modes, kessy and so on...

They fixed it in the morning and the whole operation took about 1.5h

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.