Different Cockpit Display

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
Afternoon all!

I recently saw an image someone posted to a Leon ad on Facebook, and it showed the Cupra (I believe) style of dials, with the rev counter on one side, and the speed on the other. I believe it used to be on the MK3 Leon. Image attached (I hope).

Anyone seen this before? Or any idea on how to get it? I love the traditional dials but find the digital speed a tad small. So this would be great.

I'm planning on contacting my nearest Seat garage soon anyway to get the Bluetooth and KESSY issue looked at anyway, so can always asked them.

Thanks in advanced!
Harry

FB_IMG_1616421480736.jpg

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
It’s a standard display no? Have it on my mk4 st. It’s actually the one that I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm definitely not in mine. Hopefully it's not another situation where First Edition cars can't get it.

Are you able to see what version number your software is? I'm hoping it's just a software thing!

shanec07

Apr 22, 2015
Sligo Ireland
Mines a my21 build. 1.5 etsi. I’ll have a look at the software version the next time assuming I remember!

shanec07

Apr 22, 2015
Sligo Ireland
Thanks for this! Looks like you're running a newer version of the software, 1790.

Hopefully if this latest update in my car finishes it'll have the same features!

Sorry to possibly burst your bubble. I have had that screen on the digital dash since I’ve gotten the car and installed that update yesterday

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
The dashboard will have a different software than the infotainment system.

I've also found that the Software number doesn't change between updates, Its either a bug or the number means something else which might relate to 17-- having a different looking android auto than 16--

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
I have a FR First edition and have unlocked the Cupra display on mine :) Also trying to get mine booked in to get the keyless sorted.... haha!

The picture you posted I think is a standard display, however it seems to be hit and miss if your car does or doesn't have it. A few people have asked dealerships and they didn't know why some of the cars in there stock had it and some didn't. But you can check by going to the default view in your car, press the view button and hold till the dials become solid (doesn't show music or car info in the middle of each dial) then hold the ok button on the steering wheel. People who have the option will get a pop up on the middle of the screen (where the car info/ satnav can go between the dials) people who don't have it like me just get a service menu pop up in the middle of the speed dial. Hope this helps :)

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
I have a FR First edition and have unlocked the Cupra display on mine :) Also trying to get mine booked in to get the keyless sorted.... haha!

The picture you posted I think is a standard display, however it seems to be hit and miss if your car does or doesn't have it. A few people have asked dealerships and they didn't know why some of the cars in there stock had it and some didn't. But you can check by going to the default view in your car, press the view button and hold till the dials become solid (doesn't show music or car info in the middle of each dial) then hold the ok button on the steering wheel. People who have the option will get a pop up on the middle of the screen (where the car info/ satnav can go between the dials) people who don't have it like me just get a service menu pop up in the middle of the speed dial. Hope this helps :)
Hmm interesting! I tried it and sometimes the service menu popped up on the left, other times it did nothing.

So you're saying you have the first edition and unlocked the cupra style dials by doing the above?

Can't get my head around how first editions can have so many disparities compared to the newer 70/21 plate cars.

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
The dashboard will have a different software than the infotainment system.

I've also found that the Software number doesn't change between updates, Its either a bug or the number means something else which might relate to 17-- having a different looking android auto than 16--
Yup my software update "completed" today and the number didn't change. Still 16-- (can't remember the exact number).

Bluetooth still doesn't connect, so not sure what that update was meant to fix.

DanMn

Nov 26, 2020
People who have the option will get a pop up on the middle of the screen (where the car info/ satnav can go between the dials) people who don't have it like me just get a service menu pop up in the middle of the speed dial. Hope this helps :)

Same here with my First Edition, just got the service menu but useful to know nonetheless. Will just have to wait for my OBDeleven to turn up before I can access the other displays.

SEALen1

Apr 18, 2021
Sweden
In Sweden you get the "Sport HMI" (Human Machine Interface) when you have the option DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) on your car.
I use that view as it show the best information. I only miss that I can't get a big digital display of the speed in the middle. That seems to only be available on the "night" veiw.