Different tyre pressures on two 184 FR's

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
My friend and I have identical 5-door Leon 184 FR's. The other day, I had to pump the tyres up and the label in the fuel filler cap said 38psi rear 41psi front for three passengers and light luggage. I mentioned this to my friend and he said that his is 30psi rear and 33psi front. We took a look at his fuel filler cap sticker and it was as he'd said. The only difference was his was originally purchased with 17" alloys and mine was with 18" alloys. That's the only reason I can think of the difference.

What does your 5-door 184 FR pressure sticker show, and what size alloys did it originally come with?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Yes, the different size factory fit wheels / tyres would explain the different recommended tyre pressures. Generally speaking, lower profile tyres have higher recommended pressures.

Also since the introduction of WLTP, there’s a possibility Seat might also be recommending higher tyre pressures than they did previously to reduce rolling resistance to help achieve better official fuel consumption figures. So if your car is a post-WLTP build but your friend’s car pre-dates the introduction of WLTP, that might also be a factor.

Reactions: Hawkers and Damo H

Syerate

Sep 6, 2019
I have 18's and I think mine shows 36 (which is what i have them set at now) all round for standard load, and 38 for heavy load but not sure if that's all tyres or slightly more.

Mine is 3 door so not sure if that helps you out too much.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members