Disabling Autostop?

Sep 22, 2020
I've just bought Carista and using the free 1 month trial and the option to disable the start/stop isn't there. Any one had this issue?

I have a 2020 Leon Cupra

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I use OBDeleven rather than Carista but does it let you change the voltage threshold? If so, just crank it up as high as it will go. That's what I did on my Cupra 280 as the disable function was available but didn't work.

I have heard rumours though that stop/start can't be disabled on the latest cars. Not sure if anyone else can confirm that.

Sep 22, 2020
It doesn't let me change the voltage, but I spoke to Carista support and they said that VW have changed things so the start/stop cannot be disabled at the moment.

But apparently Carista are looking for ways to get around it but haven't found anything yet.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Start / stop drives me up the wall (not literally) especially when you are behind someone at the lights and they creep forward an inch and the car starts with the status saying engine must be running as car in front has moved off.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I never got the disable start / stop to work in Carista, used both regular and beta. Works on earlier cars but not 2019 and 2020 at least.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I never got the disable start / stop to work in Carista, used both regular and beta. Works on earlier cars but not 2019 and 2020 at least.

If you put the minimum battery voltage up it should. Worked on our facelift.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
It's one of the ways they get a lower Co2 during the homologation emissions testing so they'll never officially let you turn it of and keep it off.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Start / stop drives me up the wall (not literally) especially when you are behind someone at the lights and they creep forward an inch and the car starts with the status saying engine must be running as car in front has moved off.
Never had that happen, always seems to work when pedals are depressed.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Weird. I wonder how they got that not to work.

Well back when I had the beta 6 months ago it certainly didn't work anyway. I tried all options and reported to the devs it didn't take. Maybe they fixed it?

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden

Same for me on a Golf 2020 1.5 TSI. Did the voltage change. Used both VCDS and OBDELEVEN "next gen", no difference....

2018 Golf Alltrack works for me.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Same for me on a Golf 2020 1.5 TSI. Did the voltage change. Used both VCDS and OBDELEVEN "next gen", no difference....

2018 Golf Alltrack works for me.

Yup same, worked on my previous car, a 2017 Golf.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Well back when I had the beta 6 months ago it certainly didn't work anyway. I tried all options and reported to the devs it didn't take. Maybe they fixed it?

The app didn't work on the facelift car but changing it in the long coding did. It was just changing a number.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
The app didn't work on the facelift car but changing it in the long coding did. It was just changing a number.

Ah right yeah I used the app. How exactly would I change the long coding? No idea how that works :)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
How exactly would I change the long coding? No idea how that works :)

I can't remember now. If you have OBD11 you go into the long coding section and change the value for the battery. Someone on here gave me the correct info to put in but I haven't kept it. If I can find it I'll let you know.

Reactions: Zer0

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I am very interested in an alternative solution with help of OBDeleven / VCDS / Carista. Unfortunately I think it isn't adjustable from 2019. I have googled...:)

My son have just bought a Cupra ST 2019, therefore I am looking for a solution for 2019/20.

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
There is a memory module available. I bought one a while ago. It remembers the last state it was left in.

Sent from my toothless intergovernmental device

This maybe your only choice.

I’ve got it fitted and I think Damo has as well.