Disabling Autostop?

Dominic

Jun 1, 2019
Harlow
Is it possible via programming or other methods to have the Autostop turned off by default?

It's such a pain in the arse, I do lots of miles and lots of jumping in and out of the car, I usually disable it as soon as I start but there's been quite a few times I've just forgotten to do it and it's tried to stitch me up.

Worst occasions so far have been pulling out on roundabouts and turning across a junction, my car is a DSG and the lag on that is bad enough on its own without having a turned off engine to contend with.

Cheers

Reactions: Tivver500

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
You can turn it off using obdeleven.
Probably can do the same with Carista or VCDS aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Putting it in 'Cupra' mode has no effect.....
My A/C is on all the time and..... that has no effect!!
There have been various posts about changing the threshold battery voltage or disconnecting the sense wire on the battery.
Haven't tried those but my (friendly) Seat dealer spoke to his tech and reckoned that it can't be disabled on the later cars (mine's a 2020) due to emissions concerns.

Hope someone can prove me wrong as I find it a pain in the ar5e!!

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Problem with coding out is that you can’t reeanable it without coding again.

With the module, I just put it into service mode when I hand it in to a dealer.

My dealer actually told me that disabling the start/stop invalidate the engine warranty

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Of course they would say that, if it ever has to go in just disable it before it goes in.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I used this on my pre-facelift mk3. Using OBDeleven.....
61e54ad8880e3eacbc6e8c1e37339217.jpg

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Fairly sure that's BS. Most people are of the opinion that stop/start shortens the life of engine components as it puts them through more operating cycles.

Yea that doesn't really make sense seeing as you can just turn it off yourself, just that it doesn't save the setting.

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Worst occasions so far have been pulling out on roundabouts and turning across a junction, my car is a DSG and the lag on that is bad enough on its own without having a turned off engine to contend with.

Cheers

Know exactly what you mean, it nearly killed me a couple of times. It is psychotically sensitive and often stops the engine before the car is stopped on mine.

Putting the gearbox in manual mode, or sport mode disables it. I have just got used to clicking the gearstick down on approach to swap from D - S, then once on the roundabout back into D. It also raises the revs a little so you get better launch

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Know exactly what you mean, it nearly killed me a couple of times. It is psychotically sensitive and often stops the engine before the car is stopped on mine.

Putting the gearbox in manual mode, or sport mode disables it. I have just got used to clicking the gearstick down on approach to swap from D - S, then once on the roundabout back into D. It also raises the revs a little so you get better launch

Clicking the stop/start button on the dash will disable it for the whole journey.

Reactions: camelspyyder

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019

Me too.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
I would prefer to switch the function of the button:
Standard at turning on ignition, the stop start function should be off (with the led light in the button coloured the same as the other buttons).
But you should be able to switch it on.
Would that be possible?

Reactions: Mr Pig

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
There is a memory module available. I bought one a while ago. It remembers the last state it was left in.

Sent from my toothless intergovernmental device

The memory of the switch can be done on this. I suppose the LED colour codes can be done on ODBELEVEN. It may not be possible about switching colours, but I don’t really care, it’s superficial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.