Disabling wireless charger. Is it possible?

Loai548

May 14, 2021
Guys.

Is there an option to switch Qi wireless charger off in ateca xcellence? And switch it on when needed?
As the phone becomes too hot even if the drive was not too long.

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
There was a suggestion on this thread which is to use the cable. The indication being it switches to charging that way. You could try it. Possibly more the phone taking the power that way and being better able to cope with it I guess rather than the Qi charger cutting itself off but perhaps it does.

Mine had a defective build code issue so wasn't built with one when it should have been. One of those moments.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Does the phone need to be in physical contact with the pad to charge?- not too tech savvy- if not would a couple of small blobs of say blutac allow it to charge but with a small airgap to allow a little cooling.

Loai548

May 14, 2021
There was a suggestion on this thread which is to use the cable. The indication being it switches to charging that way. You could try it. Possibly more the phone taking the power that way and being better able to cope with it I guess rather than the Qi charger cutting itself off but perhaps it does.

Mine had a defective build code issue so wasn't built with one when it should have been. One of those moments.
Thank you.
I don't want to use a cable, I'll try putting something between the phone and the charger to block the charging.

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
I've been looking for an answer to this for 4 years. No luck. I have a seat leon ST and samsung s10 and it's been overheating when using charging pad and even if using cable. It seems to use both at the same time also. Its only better when I leave it wired and put phone elsewhere. I've found on shorter journeys of an hour it won't overheat totally but 3 definitely. I'm gonna try another 3 hour trip on cable alone and disconnected from wireless. Oh I forgot to say that I'm using android auto maps and music on the drives.

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
Probably consuming a lot of power on Android Auto and combined with charging running hot.
Well I would say... Nice to see them promoting faulty not fit for purpose technology if it can't function on a longer journey. So frustrating when geeks are in charge of business lol