DMF to solid mass update

pickering

Apr 3, 2021
So I put a post up the other day/week after grabbing my first Leon. When I got it the clutch felt awful and the chatter through the pedal I swear to god I could I feel in bed at night.

Dropped it off with a mate of mine with the aim of going down the smf conversion route. I’ll cut a long story short, it feels miles nicer, it should, the DMF was completely dead. I still get trace amounts of chatter through the pedal but nothing I don’t feel in either of the other pedals under load. It does feel marginally better through the gears and it’s nice to be able to do the ol’ neutral waggle once again.

Just as some more updates:
Timing belt is not as amazing as I thought it was on first inspection so that’ll need changing and a brake pad is rubbing, other than that no major causes for concern which is a big relief!

some pictures of what I presume is a clutch below
0529FA19-1AC3-4C6F-AC77-DEA6DD90D114.png

7EB3B62A-E1E8-4029-B5BB-51046B6BD4E1.png

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
If that was a LUK dmf & clutch, I know what you mean by chatter.
Sounded like a couple of toolboxes in a washing machine, 260,000 miles though, so not complaining.

pickering

Apr 3, 2021
If that was a LUK dmf & clutch, I know what you mean by chatter.
Sounded like a couple of toolboxes in a washing machine, 260,000 miles though, so not complaining.
Hahaha you’re really not far off, 3 to 4 and 4 to 3 happens with the lightest of touches so I’ve basically got a free short throw as well

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.