Do I need to get my EGR 'mapped out'

RozzerH94

Nov 9, 2014
Been thinking about getting rid of the EGR for a while now, getting some pretty shoddy MPG figures. Although this is not the whole reason. My question is, do I need to get the EGR 'mapped out' or can I just remove it with a Darkside delete kit?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
EGR delete wont fix your MPG issue. You can do it either way, software or a physical delete. The physical delete will likely bring the EML on until it is mapped out, but shouldn't affect the running of the car

RozzerH94

Nov 9, 2014
yeah I thought it might do that, would also mask real issues which wouldnt be great. Thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
just unplug the vacuum pipe,had mine unplugged for a year and no eml light, not sure its helped my mpg much if at all but theirs a lot less smoke now thats for sure.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Older cars get away without an EML, anything post 53 / 04 plate usually brings on the light. Only one way to find out - try it! Can always reconnect the pipe and clear the fault code

RozzerH94

Nov 9, 2014
just unplug the vacuum pipe,had mine unplugged for a year and no eml light, not sure its helped my mpg much if at all but theirs a lot less smoke now thats for sure.

totally different topic, but do you find your VRS suspension more comfortable?

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
totally different topic, but do you find your VRS suspension more comfortable?

I would say about 10% better,if you can get it cheap and fit it yourself like i did then (£40) go for it,if you cant i wouldn't bother as the gain wouldn't be worth the expense.

Higher profile tyres made much more difference.

abbotsmike

Dec 17, 2011
Uxbridge
MIne's off after replacing my KKK turbo for a garrett. Light comes on regularly, but I just ignore it and use torque to keep an eye on fault codes. EML light isn't that much use anyway. When the boost hoses pop off or when the old turbo spat it's compressor wheel off the ECU didn't have a clue! Logged an underboost fault on the turbo dying, but no light...

stuart eddlesto

Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys was just wondering does anyone know of the legality of stripping out dash panel and replacing it with a 7 inch monitor had a look and all I can see is as long as it has a speedometer it kl but does it have to be a physical one or like I said can it be fed through the obd connection to an interface that then projects it onto the 7 inch monitor.

RozzerH94

Nov 9, 2014
Legally, all you have to have is a functioning speedometer, and for extra dirty diesel points, a whopping great boost gauge. thanks for 'jacking the thread :p:p:p

RozzerH94

Nov 9, 2014
only joking! I did toy with the idea of getting a tablet and an OBD reader and mounting it in the car so i could watch a few things.........i think shes about give out on me!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.