Do I or not? Advice? Lights!

Matty White

Jul 9, 2013
northamptonshire
Want hids but seems a lot of hassel trying to find a good company most people say don't get them so.. Can anyone link me some good bulbs for full beam, dipped beam and some LED side lights and if anyone can find some good LED fogs lights

Cheers guys!!

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
I would not bother with hids or LEDs. Have had hids in 4 cars and this is the 1st time i have decided that the standard headlamp on the car is good enough without hids. LEDs will just drive ya round the bend with them blowing all the time.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
HIDs Direct are a decent company, I just got a new set off them after the last set I got from them lasted 6years. If you do get them you'll need H7R bulbs in reflector lenses or you'll be dazzling other motorists.

Earthling

Beetle Mechanic
Feb 3, 2013
Mountain hideaway, SE Spain
I would not bother with hids or LEDs. Have had hids in 4 cars and this is the 1st time i have decided that the standard headlamp on the car is good enough without hids. LEDs will just drive ya round the bend with them blowing all the time.
I don't have a clue what hids are and I don't want to know, thanks, changing from standard globe headlight bulbs to halogen was my last move in that department.

As for LED, forget them for now, the pair I bought weren't suitable for my car, so I fitted them to a neighbour's car.
One blew inside a month, so I won't be buying any more.

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
I've got LEDs all round on my car and never blown one!! I got my LEDs from hid direct and also eBay . Makes a better white light ESP in interior light !! Really lights up cockpit .i also have night breaker plus headlights etc, alot longer beam pattern and brighter white than the yellow look.

GMan_88

Sep 19, 2012
Reading
Want hids but seems a lot of hassel trying to find a good company most people say don't get them so.. Can anyone link me some good bulbs for full beam, dipped beam and some LED side lights and if anyone can find some good LED fogs lights

Cheers guys!!

I noticed a lot of people are trying to put you off so heres my two cents.

I have a set of £40 HID's from ebay on my car. They come with a 2 year warranty, if they last the 2 years and then break then I feel £20 per year for HID's is fair, if they break before then well thats the suppliers problem. With regards to hassle, the only difficult part of the install is working out where to locate the ballasts, and by now i'm sure they will be loads of people that have done this on your car and have posted how they did it on this wonderful forum. For mine I used plastic weld and mounted the ballasts to the cover that pops off the back of the headlight, the same part i drilled into to run the cables. I would say go for them but be careful which colour or k you go for as I think 8k and above tend to dazzle and bring attention. Also I wouldn't use HID's on your full/high beam as they take 10 or so seconds to warm up meaning you cant flash at people to let them go etc, use them only on your dipped/normal beam. For the high beam just buy some decent bulbs, I have the same as stiglet the osram night breakers and there excellent. Matching HID's for the fogs however looks very cool and is something I will be doing. For side lights buy your LED's from a reputable source (better quality and easier to deal with if something goes wrong), I bought mine from USA for around £8 for the pair and there amazing and match the colour of my HID's almost perfectly.

Heres a few pics of them mounted so you can see how little work actually goes into installing them, I know our engine bays are different but you get the idea:

null_zpsda26b700.jpg

null_zpsb48419ac.jpg

null_zpsb1b2efa8.jpg

I went for 6000k and there brilliant, worth every penny imo.

Hope this helps!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members