Do Leon Cupra's have an N249?

unikarl

Nov 18, 2002
Yorks
Visit site
Or an N18 either?

I keep reading that people change their N249's or N18's and their cars run better. My car has very uneven accelleration on part throttle and somebody told me it could be the N249 or N18 at fault.

It looks to me though that an N18 is only found on diesels and an N249 is only talked about on the Ibiza.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? Im completely lost.

I have looked on ETOS and cant find anything that says its an N249 for any car!

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I don't think the cupra has once from what I remember of robdons engine bay (unless its been removed). If you want to check for it trace the vacuum hose from DV (smallest hose normally on top) to the engine if it goes to a solenoid with an electrical connector (similar to the N75 connector) thats the N249

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
355937-N249.2.JPG

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
unikarl said:
Cheers mate,

My car definately doesnt have one then....All I can think of now is that my turbo is definately goosed!
if your car is throttle cable car, it dont have one, if it's DBW should have one, some people remove for better response

unikarl

Nov 18, 2002
Yorks
Visit site
vern said:
if your car is throttle cable car, it dont have one, if it's DBW should have one, some people remove for better response

My car is DBW and it definately does not have an N249. The engine code is APP.

Are there any other valves that adjust the boost on part throttle? When i accellerate gently, i can hear the dump valve venting slightly through the dynatwist, now im wondering if my DV is knackered but its a baileys one which is not that old.

Cars do my head in sometimes!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
think karl has already been looking at the N75......

you still having problems karl? how many miles ur car done? Perhaps its time for that turbo upgrade eh? :p

unikarl

Nov 18, 2002
Yorks
Visit site
Pabs said:
think karl has already been looking at the N75......

you still having problems karl? how many miles ur car done? Perhaps its time for that turbo upgrade eh? :p

Just about to hit 95k now so its done a few though the problem has been there for the past 30k at least.

Looks like the turbo upgrade will have to be done :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.