Do you wash?

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi everyone peeps as per the title no I'm not interested in your personal hygiene:D I'm referring to the car do you wash it yourself ? use local auto car wash? take it to one of the many hand car wash type thingys?
for me its hand wash myself only used one of those hand wash places once when it was well scruffy over the winter months for the price wish I'd not. Don't think you're going to get a good job with mucky water what they've been using all day & just washed local farmers ****'d up disco with
RANT OVER

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Hand Wash For Me

2 Buckets with Autoglym bodywork shampoo, 2 buckets clean water, then microfibre wipe down. I am London based so the car gets a regular coating of city grime but currently has a layer of Wolfgang WG-5500 Deep Gloss polish and an overcoat of Zymol Titanium carnauba wax so a simple wash down gets it back to a decent shine in about 20 minutes.

Cheers, Snark

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
My older cars I used to chuck them through the car wash, but if I have something I want to look after I'll handwash myself, two bucket method.
I'll add a sealant and polish it too, when I have time.

The mrs car goes through the local wash, but she's not as fussy and I'd rather not spend my entire weekend washing two cars haha!

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I get slaughtered by the neighbours over this one 'fallen on hard times have we?' - recently moved, but yes I use the two buckets technique.

I use a decent polish and a wax so it doesn't take much time to clean. I rinse with rain water as I wash so no need to wipe down unless it is sunny.

Apart from knowing what has been used and done, it saves both time and money imo. It would be quicker to wash the car than go down there, queue up and then pay for the privilege of the car being stripped of protection with TFR.

The Leon - 35 mins? and the Skoda and Toyota - 45 mins each?? Something like that.

Still good times at the moment for detailing (not that I go that far) - nice and cool with little rain.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Only activated snow foam from Slims Detailing for me, brings the car up perfect every time.

You have no idea what chemicals the local Eastern European car washers are using.