Does anyone recommend an Altea

MSV User

HI

I'm thinking about getting a 2.0 FSI Altea, but there are good and bad stories on the forum. I was just wondering what the general feeling is. Any comments would be appreciated.

Gotta agree with those sensible folks....I have an Altea 2.0TDi Sport, and love it....it reminds me of my old Ibiza GTi 8v, awesome car to drive, but lower insurance, tax, running costs...

BTW how can someone have an opinion on a car they've never driven? - and I don't mean a test drive!

Ade

jtmac

BTW how can someone have an opinion on a car they've never driven? - and I don't mean a test drive!

Ade

I think you can have an opinion on a car quite quickly. Can't help it really. I didn't consider diesel until work hired me various HDI/TDI's. Otherwise what's the point of a test drive?

Obviously owners like us are able to point out the things that aren't as obvious at first. (Less than brilliant reverse light for instance)

MSV User

I think you can have an opinion on a car quite quickly. Can't help it really. I didn't consider diesel until work hired me various HDI/TDI's. Otherwise what's the point of a test drive?

Obviously owners like us are able to point out the things that aren't as obvious at first. (Less than brilliant reverse light for instance)

Granted. But you never really get the feel of a car until you've racked up some mileage (personal opinion). Does anyone know if you can boost the power of the reverse light?

Ade

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Its amazing that this post is still going!!!

i think i started the first argumentative issue over ten months ago.

any hew

iv had my car for nearly a year now and even though iv just had the most expensive 10000m service know to man £229 for an effing oil change.

i still love my Altea:D

The only thing that bothers me is the fuel cap is not central locked its bloody noisy at motoway speeds but over £3000 of ICE sorts that out and the part that iv just reversed into a concrete post last week and scratched the hell out of the rear bumper:censored:

I have even started to save for an Altea FR hopefully i can get one late next year or early 2008 & as they've just brought out a DSG for the petrol FR they should have DSG for the Diesel by then.

OH and i have 1 child who only wants a ride to watch my 14" widescreen TV so most of the time im on my own! but listen to me if youv got children you must get a DVD/TV in the back as its a god send, iv been on 4 hour journeys and haven't herd a peep best thing ever invented.

cheers

Newbi

Last edited:

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
I just read all comments about the Altea, and yes i'm Altea owner 2.0 FR tdi, yes it's not the biggest or the best MPV out there.But f..k it is one fast piece
of kit,and has all the toy's....What other mpv gets close to it??.And like somene
as said it..(catch us if you can???) Top top value for your£££££.

jtmac

Doh!, I missed the date on the older parts of this thread. (Newbie mistake)

Still it's all true. if you want a tall car that looks good (IMHO) that isn't a fortune and you don't need seven seats there isn't much that stands up next to the Altea.

Newbi - 1.9TDI Ref Sport is nice isn't it (especially in black). Won't be changing it soon but like the idea of diesel FR next.

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
Respect to you jtmac.The Altea is the all in one kind of car

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
jtmac

Love the car!!!

the only thing that pissis me off is it got no electric mirrors or cruise control which i'll pay handsomely for someone to retro fit ( mind you iv found some one to do the cruise control bit) it just needs more power which i'll think i will never get as iv been messed around by two well known companies promising upgrades.

The FR has got all the bits on i want so thats why im saving for one of those!!!

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
jtmac the FR is in my book a top motor. I sold a Volvo S40 new shape 2.0 tdi
to buy my Altea FR some said i was mad because the Volvo had all the toy's
18"'s full volvo body kit ect,ect.But the FR is what i call a 3in1.The Volvo will never be not even the Volvo V50 gets close.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.