dog Guard

jammyski

Mar 6, 2021
Hi All,

Has any one fitted a dog guard to their Formentor? If so please can you share the make and model?

If not would someone be able to take a measurement from the middle top of the rear seats to the roof for me? (image attached)

long shot but if some one also has a boot divider they can recommend that would be even better :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Dog Guard.PNG
    Dog Guard.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 275

anewlime

May 23, 2021
Bumping this thread as my Formentor is due soon and I'll need something to keep the dog in the boot and off the back seats.

All I can currently find is this one: https://ergotech-shop.com/en/product/divisorio-per-cupra-formentor/

I seem to recall seeing a clear plastic (acrylic?) one when I was looking a few months back, can't find it now.

So, anybody have or aware of a dog guard other than the ergotech one? Or anybody who has the ergotech one - is it decent enough quality?

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021

anewlime

May 23, 2021
Ah, didn't clock that! Looking into it a little deeper, I think you are right... although it says it suits the Formentor, I think its just a generic size that you extend yourself to fit.

This one, although more expensive, could be a better fit: https://www.travelsmartbootliners.co.uk/cupra-formentor-2020-onwards-headrest-mounted-dog-guard/
That appears to be another generic/adjustable one, the picture shows a completely different car and there's no description on the product.

I've ordered the £30 eBay one now, will see what it's like when it arrives.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
If you look at this company,they produce custom made dog guards that I've found are a better fit and better quality than the OEM ones.
They are making me a cage to fit the dimensions of my whole boot next week and I've had several guards made by them in the past.

anewlime

May 23, 2021
If you look at this company,they produce custom made dog guards that I've found are a better fit and better quality than the OEM ones.
They are making me a cage to fit the dimensions of my whole boot next week and I've had several guards made by them in the past.

Interesting, I wasn't aware this was an option. In my last car (Volvo V90) I had a full OEM setup with guard, divider, door, mat - it was great but not many car manufacturers offer such kit.

Reactions: Cuprakash

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Looks good! How much would they charge for this?
It was £350.........They measured the car and built it whilst I waited and it was the first formentor they had done.

They retain all the measurements for future buyers so the next one can be ready for delivery or collection when ordered.

It has a rear escape hatch too by the way and it's build quality is fantastic.

Reactions: MrBiggles87

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
It was £350.........They measured the car and built it whilst I waited and it was the first formentor they had done.

They retain all the measurements for future buyers so the next one can be ready for delivery or collection when ordered.

It has a rear escape hatch too by the way and it's build quality is fantastic.
I think that's a pretty reasonable price and it looks solid! Did it take much time out of your day?

If I proceed with a purchase I'll let them know you recommended them (y)

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
I think that's a pretty reasonable price and it looks solid! Did it take much time out of your day?

If I proceed with a purchase I'll let them know you recommended them (y)
Because mine was from scratch and needed measuring onsite,it took from 745am to 1pm.

You could just order one for delivery (mines a phev though,if yours isn't,your boot may be slighter bigger with a deeper boot)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members