Dog / luggage guard or hooks

oldchap

Feb 14, 2018
Hi all

I've had a search of the forum's archive but not found much of an answer yet.

I have a 2009 Alhambra - one of the last of the first generation body. With a large family we regularly fill most of the seats so I'm trying to make best use of the small boot; I have a roof box too but I'm still after a little more space. The problem is that the rearmost 2 seats don't form much of a barrier, so it's not particularly safe to fill the boot up with lots of stuff. I think there are two options though open to others:

1. Get a dog guard to run floor to ceiling, so we can fill the boot without worrying about stuff shooting forward in an emergency stop. Trouble is, I can only find dog guards made for going behind the middle 3 seats. Does anyone know of one suitable for the back 2 seats - or where I might get a custom one?

2. Install some additional tie down loops around the boot including the ceiling (there are only two at the base of the side walls just now) and hook a cargo net to secure items. Not sure whether a regular garage would be the right place to do that or if there is a cheaper place - advice wanted!

One other thing, while considering fitting additional hooks, I had a look under the lining on the ceiling and there is some kind of equipment there, it looks like a pump of some kind. Anyone know what that is?

Thanks...

myounus

Alhambra UK Northwest
Apr 9, 2018
Hi Oldchap

Can you please provie a picture of it and we'll try and help. In any event you can easily fit hooks to the rear floor but I would not advise fitting any hooks / welding these to the roof skin. These cars do have stregthening bars at different points which you can use to weld hooks/additional bars to.
Then you could cut a small section out of the roof lining, bond a nice piece of plastic for aesthethic reasons and hey presto!

oldchap

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks! Apologies for the delay responding, it took an age to remember to look when both at home and the car was not out on some family errand. I'll get the lining off properly some time and look for strengthening bars.

For the mystery equipment - it's behind the bulge in the centre of this photo, taken from the tailgate:
2018_05_13_16_23_42.jpg

but actually, since taking the photo below it looks fairly obviously like it's seatbelt related. I guess for the centre middle seat...

2018_05_13_16_24_17.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.