Dont get your leather done at dowie ves at Dover

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
Had my leather done about 18 months ago when i got my car was very happy but after about 4 months and about 6000 miles wear was coming up on the drivers bolster outer wing
Those of you that no me no how big i am but my wife had done most of those miles
so after sending pics and going down there they said that its a problem with the seat design being that there is a metal bar witch everytime you get in or out you rub this bar making wear on the leather
so they said as GOOD WILL they would repair it but if/when it happens again it will be £60
not happy but thought ok not much i can do
i asked have you NEVER done a SEAT leon before? as this proble would have happened before O yes he says well dont you think you should advise the customer?
At the time my wife was pregnat so i explained that i may not be able to come down for a while due to the new baby to which he said NO PROBLEM

So after my daughter was born i was at home looking after her as my wife went back to work but then i got offered a job part time which ment i would be working away
So i phoned and got the car booked in for before i started my job but when it came to the day they had double booked me
To which i was not happy but again what could i do?

So i got it booked in for last week and they started saying that as its over a year they where going to charge me!
After a heated phone call i left it as i would speck to the owner when i got there (As it had to be done free or if i had to pay) as he would not come to the phone
So i get there at 8am and superise superise he wont come and see me (To busy) so i said do the work and i will see him when i get back
The man who dropped us into town and was also the guy doing the work happened to be his brother who once i explained what had happened said i SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY and he would have a word with him

So i get back there after they have done it and guess what he wont come down and speck to me so i end up specking to the lady who is just receptonist

So he then sends down what i think was his WIFE :confused:
Who just keeps saying its been over a year (whats that got to do with anything as they new i could not get them the car)

So fighting a losing battle i end up paying £45 cost price for something that should have been free

Not happy with dowie ves wont be going back which is a shame as the workman ship and leather is wonderfull but there customer service stinks

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
crappy man.. are u sure its leather and not vynal... i am amazed u have warn out leather in under a year. even with the bar wear... how much u pay for a leather retrim and wat did u hae done the door etc?

smee

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
£1300 bloody hell tris i could of carpeted it with cream low fluff scotch guard carpet for £200 lol

Bad luck mate go there again drag the owner by the b*ll*cks and get it sorted properly, i bloody would after that money!!

must be something bout the seat design???

certain cars i've looked previously (with leather) have seriously worn bolsters, others, not even a scratch!!!

personally, i like leather, but wouldn't have it in a car. Alcantara, now you're talkin :funk:

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
although the service is poor on the face of it, the fundamental problem does probably lie with the seat design - all Recaro and similarly styled seats have a thin metal support bar inside the bolster cushion which sees a lot of pressure when getting in and out, unless you are particularly fussy how you do it to avoid the pressure - the bar ends up cutting through the bolster foam and then applies pressure directly to the cover material.

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
rsrich said:
although the service is poor on the face of it, the fundamental problem does probably lie with the seat design - all Recaro and similarly styled seats have a thin metal support bar inside the bolster cushion which sees a lot of pressure when getting in and out, unless you are particularly fussy how you do it to avoid the pressure - the bar ends up cutting through the bolster foam and then applies pressure directly to the cover material.
I couldnt agree with you more
but if something dose happen you would expect it to be sorted when they said they would
not change there mind

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
tris said:
I couldnt agree with you more
but if something dose happen you would expect it to be sorted when they said they would
not change there mind

oh yes certainly! I'm not belittling the poor service especially when they've agreed to have a look.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
well mate, if you need any more work done, just give me a call, and i'll give you the number of the guy that did mine, guy is ace at it and cheap to!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Wow £1300 what did you have done? I was quoted £1200 for nappa leather, alcantara inserts and heaters from a guy who is the dogs danglies, i thought this was expensive as seat doctors charge around £500 for a leather re trim?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.