Door allignment post repair

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Hi guys,

following a pretty hefty accident and repair i've noticed that my door allignment is out by about 8 mm. None of my friends of family can notice it but i can and it pisses me right off, almost to the point where i'm tempted to just buy a new FR.

Has anyone else had much experience of repairs? should I complain to my repairer? and can anything likely be done about it?

your advice would be greatly appreciated.

T. Spark

Was it a insurance job? Id first go back the where it was repaired, see if they are willing to sort it, of not and it was a insurance job, id ring up your insurance and tell them you are not happy with the repairs done.

oi_nutter2000

Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
It is an insurance job - maybe you're right and i should just complain. it's a small thing it just really bugs me lol

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
u may have a problem tho, if u signed upon collection :(

i had a problem with one of my previous cars, i realised they had painted inside the wing and cud see the difference wen u lifted the bonnet...when i went back, they said id inspected on collection, and signed...but i didnt see it then

good luck tho, im sure some are more understanding than others

JK

oi_nutter2000

Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
I was pretty careful not to sign anything because it was raining and i couldn't view it properly. Cheers for your advice guys, i'll get in touch with the repairers tomorrow i think.

T. Spark

Really?! was the catch or the something daft part I got right?!

oi_nutter2000

Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Yea it had been misaligned - took about thirty seconds! and there was me thinking that my car was always going to look like it had been in a major accident haha

T. Spark

Good to hear it got sorted with little fuss in the end! Just goes to show, if you dont ask you dont get!

oi_nutter2000

Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
T. Spark said:
Good to hear it got sorted with little fuss in the end! Just goes to show, if you dont ask you dont get!

Absolutely! There was me getting all pissed off with it and all i had to do was get off my arse and do something about it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members