door handle housing screw lost

thehbd

Mar 30, 2016
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-14 at 10.36.17.jpeg

Hi everyone. please can anyone help me get the part number for the screw that locks the door handle housing

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
View attachment 20493
Hi everyone. please can anyone help me get the part number for the screw that locks the door handle housing

Hello there,

I've had a quick look on SEAT Etka but can't see any screw for the exterior door handle for the MK4 Ibiza, the only screws I can see on the MK4 are listed below.

MK4 Ibiza
Door catch screw
Part number N90 800 503
M8 X 14mm Torx head

MK4 Ibiza
Exterior door handle inner adapter plate
Part number N90 897 601
M5 X 9.5mm Torx head

The above exterior door handles on the MK4 and Mk5 Ibiza's normally have a rubber grommet you have to pull out, and use a hook stem tool to pull back the plastic retaining clip, that basically holds/secures the door handle.

But on the MK3 Ibiza it looks like they do use a small torx head screw to secure the exterior door handle, as you've shown in your photo a handle that is held in place this way, my guess is your Ibiza is a MK3 ?

MK3 Ibiza
Part number N90 598 804
M6 X 12mm Torx screw

But as Mr Syphon has already advised it's best to ask Andrew from Listers, who is one of the Forum parts sponsor's I think.

Hope this helps
Si

Reactions: thehbd

thehbd

Mar 30, 2016
Hello there,

I've had a quick look on SEAT Etka but can't see any screw for the exterior door handle for the MK4 Ibiza, the only screws I can see on the MK4 are listed below.

MK4 Ibiza
Door catch screw
Part number N90 800 503
M8 X 14mm Torx head

MK4 Ibiza
Part number N90 897 601
M5 X 9.5mm Torx head

The above exterior door handles on the MK4 and Mk5 Ibiza's normally have a rubber grommet you have to pull out, and use a hook stem tool to pull back the plastic retaining clip, that basically holds/secures the door handle.

But on the MK3 Ibiza it looks like they do use a small torx head screw to secure the exterior door handle, as you've shown in your photo a handle that is held in place this way, my guess is your Ibiza is a MK3 ?

MK3 Ibiza
Part number N90 598 804
M6 X 12mm Torx screw

But as Mr Syphon has already advised it's best to ask Andrew from Listers, who is one of the Forum parts sponsor's I think.

Hope this helps
Si

I think you nailed it my friend. thanks! yes I am guessing it is called mk3 at your region, the year make is 2003, it is also called mk4 in some listings.
how did you find it? cause in the car blue prints online they don't mention this screw that is beneath the plastic screw cover..

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
I think you nailed it my friend. thanks! yes I am guessing it is called mk3 at your region, the year make is 2003, it is also called mk4 in some listings.
how did you find it? cause in the car blue prints online they don't mention this screw that is beneath the plastic screw cover..

Yeah I looked at the different model years from 2001 to 2009, the only one that looked similar was the MK3 model year 2002, but like you say the different models of Ibiza varies online where you look, including on the copied version's of Etka that again can give different info.
Looks like 2002 or 2003 was right on the change over year between the two models i.e MK3 and MK4.

Si

Reactions: thehbd

thehbd

Mar 30, 2016
Hello there,

MK4 Ibiza
Door catch screw
Part number N90 800 503
M8 X 14mm Torx head

MK4 Ibiza
Part number N90 897 601
M5 X 9.5mm Torx head

MK3 Ibiza
Part number N90 598 804
M6 X 12mm Torx screw

Hope this helps
Si
So I fount the screw when I opened the door card etc. and apparently it is an M4 flat head ~22-25mm. screwing it back was also tricky asside from it being deep and wanting to fall into the door each time (I used a paper tape) you also need to make sure to insert the screw and hold the latch over it.. (better to look at other doors for refference)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.