Door Lock Problem

nigel1822

Jan 2, 2013
Hi,

I recently had my front passenger door lock fail. I managed to get the door open and have replaced the lock but the door wont open when the inner release handle is installed. The door will open once when I have put the inner release handle back on, but as soon as I lock and unlock the door, the door wont open from any handle.

To get the door open I had to butcher my original door card and replace it. I have a v5 with leather trim and got standard cloth one as a replacement. Could this be part of the problem.

Is there a way of adjusting the lock?

Cheers

Nige

R4 baby

Nov 20, 2005
Try slackening off the short wire/cable that connects outer handle to locking mechanism, I think the inner lever has to return to fully home position before it will allow door pull to work.

Also try banging the outside of the door about an inch below front of door handle, bang it with the palm of your hand firmly and see if that works.

nigel1822

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the help R4 but I had no luck with that. I slackened off the connecting wire as much as possible and still the same. I think I will just take it to the dealer.

Once again, thank you.