Door unlock issues

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Once again I am having door locking issues. 18 months after the last time. This time though I can't work out what door is the issue. The drivers was making a whining sound until I did the wd40 fix but I am still getting the same issue - it will lock from fob but not unlock. It will unlock with key on drivers door (then alarm goes off) and also from the button inside the car and until. I do this none of the other doors will open from outside but all open from inside. This is the second drivers lock I have had and I know this is a common problem. Has anyone found any aftermarket ones that don't have this issue? I love the car and for its age it has fairly low miles but am just getting fed up of it now and seriously questioning if I want to keep it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Dreaded door lock modules my drivers side packed up bought a new one from TPS which was about 180 quid then the passenger side decided it wanted in on the action so bought another one lol.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Once again I am having door locking issues. 18 months after the last time. This time though I can't work out what door is the issue. The drivers was making a whining sound until I did the wd40 fix but I am still getting the same issue - it will lock from fob but not unlock. It will unlock with key on drivers door (then alarm goes off) and also from the button inside the car and until. I do this none of the other doors will open from outside but all open from inside. This is the second drivers lock I have had and I know this is a common problem. Has anyone found any aftermarket ones that don't have this issue? I love the car and for its age it has fairly low miles but am just getting fed up of it now and seriously questioning if I want to keep it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Dont give up on it mate they are getting on a bit now so these niggly things need doing now. Ive done loads on mine and love it too much to sell it now.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
in each door module there is two small servo type motors, they go too. change them and you should be good

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.