Door unlocking issues - NOT the module!

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Hi guys,

Can someone please help me before I burn my car.

I have had the usual issue of my door not unlocking, come to the conclusion same as last time that is the door module. No problem, this time i purchased a brand new one from SEAT at a lovely cost of £156.00.

Finally some free time to fit it today, freezing my nuts off outside, and the door still won't unlock.

So thats a brand new locking module which leads me to believe its something else.

Ran my eye over the loom and no indication of anything bad.

so can you please help me? I am at my whit's end trying to get this sorted. Whoever designed the leon door cars must the the devil himself..... they are so ******* annoying to remove and put back together.

As you can see i am super stressed about this and lost the love for my car :(((( Help!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do you get any noises from the door when you unlock/lock?

I don't suppose you have a fault reader like vcds or Obdeleven to get some in depth fault readings...

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
I do get a noise from it which is all the more strange.

Yes i have a scanner but whether it will give me a full fault breakdown i'm unsure. I will scan it tomorrow.

It isnt an OBDeleven, its only a generic scanner from ebay.

I will check tomorrow and report back. thanks for the reply

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I do get a noise from it which is all the more strange.

Yes i have a scanner but whether it will give me a full fault breakdown i'm unsure. I will scan it tomorrow.

It isnt an OBDeleven, its only a generic scanner from ebay.

I will check tomorrow and report back. thanks for the reply
Do you get a noise for both unlock and lock on the dodgy door? I assume the door locks fine...

No worries where abouts are you based in case someone reads this and is local?

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Just scanned it and couldnt find anything. I might purchase the OBDeleven plug and app.

Yes, there is a noise which is all the more confusing. Sounds fine too, not the horrible groan i had previously when my old lock was on its last legs.

Im based in south wales mate.

Cheers!

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Quick update for you guys.

I got off the phone with SEAT Lister ( very helpful, called me back and were very knowledgeable) and spoke to a service engineer who was relaying some info from one of the technical engineers.

Apparently the drivers door module controls the central locking for all the other doors. So if you have a problem with the drivers it may also give you a problem with the passenger side but not necessarily the rear doors (unsure why).

Whenever they encounter the same problem they advise people to change them in pairs. OK this could be a money making thing too but it does make sense. My drivers door lock on opening gives a slight groaning creak noise.

I have been advised by them to take it to a local dealer or somewhere that has full scanning equipment so that a code may be read. Then to give them a call again to discuss. The part price is £156.00 again but could solve the issue.

Failing that i was told they would start looking at the loom.

I will keep you updated when i get the car scanned. Hopefully next weekend if i get time.