Downsizing from 19" rims

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Hi everyone,

I am going to replace all the tyres on my Ateca this month as they're pretty worn.

The rims are 19in and I want to downsize to something more comfortable since I will be changing all the tyres anyway.

They are 245/40/R19 and I was thinking of going to 18 or 17.

Has anyone done this before, and can recommend a good spec to keep the ratios rather similar? and I've got no idea if you can tweak the computer to understand it has different alloys to get the speedometer right

I've done some "research" and oponeo.co.uk came up with these variants. Not sure which is the best/most comfy and does not affect turning/maneuvrability.

upload_2020-6-10_15-50-13.png

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Strange that because I too am considering downsizing from my Atecas 19" Diamond Cut alloys :

1. Real pain to clean, worst I've had so far, very difficult to clean the rims behind the spokes
2. Road noise is another thing which I find annoying.
3. Find it to be quite a hard ride also.

I had a Leon FR before this, it had the Dynamic 17" 5 spoke alloys 30/2, and it was easy to clean the wheel rims behind the spokes

My tyres are Brigestone Potenza 235/40 R19 96Y

I do however like the darker alloy wheels, I think the black alloys complements the white bodywork very well, interested to see any replys you may get

Last edited by a moderator:

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
50mins from posting this thread, this happened.

Now I've got to get 4 new rims and 5tyres total,how lucky.

I really hate Seat right now for not giving us a spare wheel. You guys think that kit we have will fix the hole? Haha

Attachments

• 20200610_165751.jpg
    20200610_165751.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 122
  • 20200610_170215.jpg
    20200610_170215.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120

Tell

Staff member
50mins from posting this thread, this happened.

Now I've got to get 4 new rims and 5tyres total,how lucky.

I really hate Seat right now for not giving us a spare wheel. You guys think that kit we have will fix the hole? Haha

Have skinny spare. You can get them but obviously loose boot space and may have to get up to stuff to fit one. Seat relented and offers spares now you had to get the Leon one at one stage. Now they get the Leon one for you.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members