Drive seat of Ibiza support failed

suditaliano

Apr 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

As per title I have a problem with my seat giving me no support on the left side and making very uncomfortable to drive longer distances. the Sponge its craked just were the frame is and it comes out a bit too

I cannot post any attachment. I will update this as soon as I can.

Any Idea how to fix this or if anyone else had same problem ?

Tryng to find a used seat at the scrap yard seems hard

Many thanks

Last edited:

RyanR

Padawan
May 30, 2015
Tewkesbury
You need to use photobucket, or any other image hosting website or you can use the tapatalk app to post photos mate - bit of a pain but it's the only way

suditaliano

Apr 2, 2014
0ffcd7ebde981e8e90be4063ad7612bc.jpg

hi and thanks. here it is hopefully someone can see this :) .

Edited : I can see only from taptalk then.

Last edited:

RyanR

Padawan
May 30, 2015
Tewkesbury
I can see it no problems :)

Looking at it I'd probably go buy some foam from an art shop or something and try to fill the gap in as much as possible for now, and keep looking for a new seat in the meantime

suditaliano

Apr 2, 2014
I can see it no problems :)

Looking at it I'd probably go buy some foam from an art shop or something and try to fill the gap in as much as possible for now, and keep looking for a new seat in the meantime
...sad part is that to fix I need to push that crack together and hold it. so even though I fill it up with other foam it will just increase its volume.

perhaps I will spray in some foam. the one that expands and harden up trying to reconstruct the part. I guess as u said a new seat its a must as it won't last forever whatever I try.

To anyone who has further ideas all welcome and thanks

RyanR

Padawan
May 30, 2015
Tewkesbury
I'd just buy some similar looking foam padding as the seat is made of, measure the size of the split, looks about a foot long and about half an inch wide, cut this size of foam from the stuff you buy and then pop it in the gap shown in the photo and hold in with masking tape or some sort of glue - no hard foam against your back then and it'll fill the gap nicely until you get a new one

Failing that take it to your local stealers and see how much they charge to replace the foam inside the seat rather than searching for a whole new one? A Decent upholsterer may even be happy to do the job for you

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
I'm no expert, but it looks to me as if you've lost one or more springs from the side of the back support frame (or whatever it's called. If so, stuffing more sponge in the gap won't do any good. There should be three or four springs each side, so I'd have a count before resorting to professionals or breakers!

suditaliano

Apr 2, 2014
Sorry , Images only visible from taptalk as I canot post from Web

c9a946c0b00611b8fa313704374fb0a5.jpg

thanks for all ur replies. Here is the fix :) well above is the cracked sponge.as u can see the iron frame caused to slowly saw the sponge.

I got some Bostik glue , the ticker u can find 500 ml was 19 euros.i used half of it.

8f74e93a4275115274e98de999666877.jpg

Glue the sponge around the bar and set all in place. use hair dryer to dry faster.

7eb6450fdb6dd7ea0dcd2005ef678a15.jpg

then i bought fiber glass sheets ( 5 euros ) and stick them kn top with glue again. its flexible and holds everything in place. dry over night

08855629a9b0d5995d6e3a40d9dcf0f8.jpg

Upholstery back and then covers

job done. :)
8386ef914e18fa49916694286a0ec73e.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members