Drivers side door electrics

Shabbs-1982

Feb 23, 2015
Holt, Norfolk
Recently purchased my 2004 Leon cupra which has a slow drivers side window mechanism, found in the shed from a previous breaker I had a mechanism from a 2000 Leon cupra
I connected it up, tested before bolting into place & all was working fine,
Since bolting into place none of the window & side mirror switches work, door doesn't lock on fob, switches don't light up & interior light doesn't work when opening the door
Only things that work are: speakers & the lock/unlock button but only for the drivers door, doesn't unlock other doors or boot

Really could do with help with this as don't really like having it unlocked

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Was the wiring on the window motor the same on both? If so then maybe it's just that one of the plugs isn't quite pushed in far enough?

Shabbs-1982

Feb 23, 2015
Holt, Norfolk
Just refitted the original window mechanism & all is working apart from the slow window movement so think il have to make do for now
Must be a slightly different mechanism as the numbers on the motor where different

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Yeah i think they changed the motors at some point. I know that the cars with electric folding mirrors have different motors compared to cars with manual ones.

Last edited:

Shabbs-1982

Feb 23, 2015
Holt, Norfolk
Iv found a secondhand window mechanism from the same year car as mine but just wanting some information if this will be suitable to work as the numbers are slightly different on the motor,

This is the one i have fitted at present:

This is the one i have found:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.