DRL's

springer

May 30, 2010
http://www.seataccessories.co.uk/product/LED_DRL's_-_Leon_FR_%26_Cupra_R_Only_ZGB1P0052190

Those do actually look quite good even if they're a tad on the expensive side. I guess they just fix to the bottom of the bumper without the need to do any custom mods.

Does anyone know if they are wired into the same circuit as the dedicated OE DRL's and if they need to be coded in with VCDS? And what then happens to the existing OE DRL's?

Pretty sure they do need programming in,for me its the fact they look like they came from factory like that and not some Halfords special.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Pretty sure they do need programming in,for me its the fact they look like they came from factory like that and not some Halfords special.

It does make you wonder why they didn't just use those as standard (or an option) on the DRL equipped Bi-Xenon headlamp cars because they would fit in with the look much better. AFAIK it wasn't even an optional extra, it's just an after sale "accessory".

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013

Dunno, they're just a Philips aftermarket DRL kit with a specially designed grille from SEAT to make them look factory fit, so I would imagine the wiring is as per the aftermarket instructions from Philips., probably just taking an ignition live feed from somewhere in the engine bay.

Much like the other dealer fit accessories such as auto lights and parking sensors that were just aftermarket kits rather than the OE components retrofitted.

Last edited:

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I suspect that's exactly how they are!

Still, where there's a will there's a way... I'm sure they could be custom wired into the central electrics controller and coded to work as per factory DRLs.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
You definitely can. I had some for my old 1.2tsi that were built into the fog light surround for the standard fl bumper. They came from Germany, think they may have been called modulite or something.

You removed the headlight plug on one of them and plugged in the aftermarket wiring harness and then into the headlight. Off it came a line for the on off switch, then just a positive on the battery and ground on the frame.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
lee if you want come have a look at mine , I have another pair at home you can try before you buy if you want , they are the hids direct ones mentioned above , but on our cars they are NOT always error free they are very sensitive to cold and damp

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
1d9fd041c73b5ff83fd5248f6898287d.jpg
1c3f1753135ff84b8867734eaea8a48b.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 1020 using Tapatalk

leeds/lee

Oct 29, 2014
www.facebook.com
lee if you want come have a look at mine , I have another pair at home you can try before you buy if you want , they are the hids direct ones mentioned above , but on our cars they are NOT always error free they are very sensitive to cold and damp

Whats worse case scenario if something goes wrong, will a message just cone up on dash.

They do look alot better like.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from a time machine

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yeah you just get a message saying check drl bulb or whatever. Mine error sometimes when the dipped beam is on. If I put the DRLs back on then the error goes straight away and doesn't come back.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
As above lee , tbh in summer time I never get an error but when it gets colder and damper on a morning it happens nearly every day, get bulb light on and a message on the mfd , its annoying but not the end of the world,

leeds/lee

Oct 29, 2014
www.facebook.com
As above lee , tbh in summer time I never get an error but when it gets colder and damper on a morning it happens nearly every day, get bulb light on and a message on the mfd , its annoying but not the end of the world,

Think il get some then, as yours do look better then standard.

Are they a pain to fix?

Sent from my iPhone 9 from a time machine

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Dead easy mate, I have two spare drls at home , not got side lights though but there only on with the dipped beam so barely noticeable