drop it 40mm

JoeT_999

Any one got a leon 03 1.6 that is lowered 40mm that they have pic's of. thinking of doing it but not sure what it looks like. want to get rid of the family car look.

thanks joe

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
Hi joe. Ive just dropped my leon 1.6s 40 mm on Koni lowering springs a week ago, looks really sweet! I'l get some pics for you in the day so remind me ok cheers.
By the way, Koni's, unless uv already bought springs where really cheap, think £80! Its a really nice ride too, not to bumpery! handels really well now!

JoeT_999

did you just get the springs? or shocks to match aswell. ive got the spare cash to get both just not sure if i need both. also can all lowering springs be run on standard shocks? can you tell im a first time modder. even though i owned a saxo 1.1i 60bhp beast befor my leon.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Shorter springs can be used with standard shocks, but if you have the cash it would be best toi fit uprated shocks too.

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
I just bought the springs, if i wanted the shocks as well would of costed me £160+, think ebay has some packages on there really cheap but not my type of site to buy car things! 40mm is fine without the shocks as far as i know but maybe someone will correct that because i could be wrong

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
As I say, standard shocks are fine with the shorter springs - if its just being done for asthetics then thats one thing - to properly sharpen up the handling uprated shocks will give better benefits. And you are right to stay clear of really cheap suspension on ebay - you're better off with OE items. There is a reason why there is £350+ difference between pukka gear & ebay shite!