DSg Cupra 290 vs manual Cupra 290

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
Quick question - is the DSG always going to be quicker than a manual side by side, obviously it will change gear quicker ! Does this equate to a slight straight line performance gain ?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Quick question - is the DSG always going to be quicker than a manual side by side, obviously it will change gear quicker ! Does this equate to a slight straight line performance gain ?
I suppose there is a couple of things to take into account, one of course is it a streight line, and is it say 0-60, as don't know what the top ends are, I would have thought they should be the same, but as I don't have either, so cannot try it for you.

But I wonder why F1's have a auto box ?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Short answer yes. The manual gear changes can be messed up or not perfect, DSG always had a quicker time claimed for 0 - 60 when comparing the same model with manual.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Always quicker. Focus RS with 350 BHP and manual box is slower to 60 than the Golf R 310 BHP with DSG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members