DSG & is Seat warranty

Aug 17, 2022
Hi everyone.

I wanted to ask if anybody knows the specific details surrounding seat 3 year warranty. Currently my DSG doesn't feel right. As an example when going first to second gear the revs don't drop and it feels jittery under regular driving. Cars 2020 with 20K miles on clock. I read somewhere dsg isnt covered in warranty but clutch packs are for dsg's. Anyone got any ideas as want to see best option.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There is no exclusion of the DSG transmission - the 3 year new car factory warranty covers rectification of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of three years, subject to the mileage restrictions outlined in the T’s & C’s. Link to Seat’s 3 year factory warranty terms and conditions below;

https://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-seat/warranty-roadside-assistance/warranty-terms-conditions

Although there doesn’t appear to be anything in the T’s & C’s regarding the vehicle needing to have been serviced in accordance with Seat’s servicing requirements using genuine Seat parts and approved fluids, I think this would need to be the case for Seat to approve any repairs being carried out under warranty.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Although there doesn’t appear to be anything in the T’s & C’s regarding the vehicle needing to have been serviced in accordance with Seat’s servicing requirements using genuine Seat parts and approved fluids, I think this would need to be the case for Seat to approve any repairs being carried out under warranty.
Whilst technically correct, a 2020 car with 20k miles wouldn't have had any service/maintenance completed (80k mile fluid interval on the 7Spd box), less any software updates.

In the UK you also have consumer rights act, for up to 6 years. Don't be afraid to get an independent technical report and challenge Seat outside of the 3 year warranty period.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Whilst technically correct, a 2020 car with 20k miles wouldn't have had any service/maintenance completed (80k mile fluid interval on the 7Spd box), less any software updates.

In the UK you also have consumer rights act, for up to 6 years. Don't be afraid to get an independent technical report and challenge Seat outside of the 3 year warranty period.
Agree - my comment in relation to servicing was a general one rather than specifically in relation to the DSG; apologies for not making that clear.

Reactions: black_sheep
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise