DSG7 "hangs" when stopping

Sep 13, 2020
I want to hear if it's a normal occurrence that the engine sometimes holds revs above 1k for a second when coming to at stop. I have the automatic handbrake at stop on. To give the picture:

Car comes to stop, the car should now disengage the clutches, but more and more often it revs and I'm pretty sure it tries to pull the car for a second. You can feel it almost pulling while keeping your foot on the brake. It then quickly disengages and idles normally. It does this after coming to a complete stop and still having the foot on the brake.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? The car is a DSG7 with the 1.5 TSI.

Thanks!

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Doesn't sound right, as soon as you have completely stopped it should disengage and straight to idle.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Yes that isn't normal. unless as yous top you are only lightly pressing the brake. In mine, a complete stop when firmly applying the brakes it will drop in to idle even before the car has stopped (I have the traffic monitoring radar so it reads if the car in front is moving or not). However, if I am coming to a stop but as I come to a slower speed i release the brake so the deceleration rate remains constant, sometimes by the time the car stops, i am only touching the brake very lightly.
This is evident when I have the auto-stop/start turned on as the engine will stop as I hit 0 mph, and then imediately restart, after a moment the car realises I am intending to stop, the engine turns off again. However when Auto-stop/start is off, the car will pull in preparation for moving off until i press a little harder on the brake.

Perhaps might explain your issue?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise