DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Strangest thing happened today.

I've had the box on with Map 2+3 for a couple of months now.

Tried different settings and maps but settled for 2 + 3 as the car seemed to pull the best under those settings.

However, earlier on today I put my foot down to join the Motorway and Limp Mode came on.

I managed to clear it with the OBDeleven dongle, but everytime I tried a different map+3 it seemed to cause the Limp Mode to come on.

Common sense suggested that the car wasn't liking the +3, regardless of the map.

So I lowered it to 1+2 and it works fine.

I suppose the question is this..If the car was running fine on 2+3 so far, is it possible that Limp Mode could all of a sudden be caused to come on.

Btw, OBDeleven picked up Low Fuel Pressure as the cause.

Any advice or suggestion as to why this happened would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
It’s different car to car like mine is fine on and setting on +1 but I tried 1+2 and had a similar case where I put my foot down and limp mode come on.
Mine cleared with just turning the ignition off and back on though.
Havnt tried the setting again since that....might try it again at some point though.

Every car is different and by the sounds your car at that particular moment said no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
It’s different car to car like mine is fine on and setting on +1 but I tried 1+2 and had a similar case where I put my foot down and limp mode come on.
Mine cleared with just turning the ignition off and back on though.
Havnt tried the setting again since that....might try it again at some point though.

Every car is different and by the sounds your car at that particular moment said no.

Thanks for your input.

I guess I was more confused by the fact that it'd been running fine on 2+3 so far but then to go on Limp Mode all of a sudden is what surprised me.

I've heard of cars going to Limp Mode when trying a new Map and setting, but never once one has been running on it for some time.

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
I run 1+3 on mine all of the time unless I'm doing a long motorway trip (3+0) and never have an issue. Strange. Was your engine cold at the time?

Not full fully warmed up, but then not fully cold either.

However, it's never done it before, even when booting it when the engine wasn't warmed up.

Strange..

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
And now the strangest thing is happening.

Irrespective what setting I have it on, the Limp Mode is coming on.

I'm having to keep using OBDEleven to erase it, but as soon as the ignition is off and then on again, the Limp Mode is there..

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
And now the strangest thing is happening.

Irrespective what setting I have it on, the Limp Mode is coming on.

I'm having to keep using OBDEleven to erase it, but as soon as the ignition is off and then on again, the Limp Mode is there..

Try putting the blanking plate in place of the chip and try

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Just drove home on 3+2 with no issues
Did a 0-60 test and it came out at 5.5 seconds so quite happy with that!

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Finally a bit of success.

I put the blanking plate and cleared the code.

Drove it hard for a bit.

I then reconnected the DTUK box and drove it hard, and thankfully no Limp Mode any more.

Happy with that.

Whatever was causing it, seems to be gone now.

Reactions: Zaco95

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
My 2018 s4 has done the same this week, ran it on 1+0 all the time I've had it fitted which is about 4 months, this week it chucked it into limp mode, left it over night and all was fine next day, couple of days later it did the same again, currently has it plugged into the blank for a couple of days to see if it will do it again, so far it hasn't happened with it plugged into the blank

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Finally a bit of success.

I put the blanking plate and cleared the code.

Drove it hard for a bit.

I then reconnected the DTUK box and drove it hard, and thankfully no Limp Mode any more.

Happy with that.

Whatever was causing it, seems to be gone now.

Glad to hear that worked for you!

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
The Leon never ceases to amaze me.

So after yesterday's saga with the Limp Mode being caused by the DTUL box, I reconnectex it this morning and went for 1+2.

My goodness, the car pulled like a train. Never felt it pull as hard in the past.

The way the car built up speed was something else.

So, 1+2 it will be for a while..Well, until it throws another Limp Mode that is anyway.

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
The Leon never ceases to amaze me.

So after yesterday's saga with the Limp Mode being caused by the DTUL box, I reconnectex it this morning and went for 1+2.

My goodness, the car pulled like a train. Never felt it pull as hard in the past.

The way the car built up speed was something else.

So, 1+2 it will be for a while..Well, until it throws another Limp Mode that is anyway.

I found 1+2 to be very good and pulls very well....but yes ended up with limp mode when accelerating hard at higher speed....

Let’s see how you get on!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.