Dump Valve

KEEPLS

I have a Seat Ibiza Cupra 2001 and I really want it to dump!! I have a GHB re-circulating and atmo dump valve on it but makes a tiny little noise!! I have been told that if my car has a throttle cable and is not fly by wire I can just put an atmo on it!! Is this true?? If not is chipping the way forward as I have been told if I put a revo chip on it, it can have a atmo dump valve on it!!! I do want more power of course but number one at mo is getting it to dump!!

If i get it chipped whats the safest/best bhp to take it up too (dont want it going bang in a year) I have been told can get quite a lot from them!!

Please help!!

KEEPLS

Sorry first time I have used this forum, where and what is the search??

KEEPLS

Can you help though or are you not sure!! Using the net on the sly at work!! Im just a poor female who loves my cars knows a bit (well quite a bit for a woman) but not as much as you men!!

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
Atmospheric dump valves don't work well on VAG engined cars at all. I think everyone will agree that recirculating dump valves are the only safe ones to use on these cars!

As for the noise your after, a simply remap will emphasise the noise although it will not be like a proper atmo.

There are many remaps available for these cars. Just a few:

1) RevoTechnik http://www.revotechnik.com/
2) Jabbasport http://www.jabbasport.co.uk/
3) APR http://goapr.co.uk/

The list goes on...

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Your engine really isnt capable of running an atmospheriec DV i'm affraid. Will cause all sorts of running propblems.

Best thing to do if you want a nice loud sound is get the following:

1. Remap (REVO, APR etc) - Will increase boost pressure.
2. FORGE 007p Dump Valve
3. Open filter induction kit - (Jabbasport, RAMAIR etc)

Lots pf people on here run a similar setup and we do get quite a loud woosh. :)

I personally run a REVO remap, Bailey Recirc Dump valve and a BMC Carbon induction kit and my woosh is very loud :)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
Beaker said:
Your engine really isnt capable of running an atmospheriec DV i'm affraid. Will cause all sorts of running propblems.

Best thing to do if you want a nice loud sound is get the following:

Remap (REVO, APR etc) - Will increase boost pressure.
FORGE 007p DV
Open filter induction kit - (Jabbasport, RAMAIR etc)

Lots pf people on here run a similar setup (i for one) and we do get quite a loud woosh. :)

Hope that helps.

Beat you to it!

KEEPLS

Thanks!! Sorry to be a pain!! Its just this bit about the throttle cable!! If I can get with an atmo on it or not!? If you ask any dealer they have no clue!! I have wanted a turbo since I was 15 and now Im 22 i should def be getting this turbo to dump like I want!!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Take off the atmospheric dump valve and sell it on ebay

Buy a Forge dump valve (recirculating)

If you want the sound then the guys above are right it will be louder with a remap however, firstly I would suggest fitting a cold air intake.

Carbonio system - avaialble from Awesome Gti
Dynatwist or RAM AIR systems from Badger 5

These systems give induction roar, and you hear the turbo and dump valve more......trust me you won;t be dissapointed

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
KEEPLS said:
Thanks!! Sorry to be a pain!! Its just this bit about the throttle cable!! If I can get with an atmo on it or not!? If you ask any dealer they have no clue!! I have wanted a turbo since I was 15 and now Im 22 i should def be getting this turbo to dump like I want!!

I don't think the throttle cable has anything to do with it. The only way round it is to run a completely differnt type of management (big bucks), which incedently usually run a throttle cable. The cable itself has nothing to do with it.

I know there are a few vids on here somewhere in which you can here peoples recirc DV noise (with the above mods), and you'll see they really are quite loud :)

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
I'm sure somone will correct me if i'm wrong but that Lupo has the 1.8T engine, with the following mods (amongst others)

RAMAIR Max Flow Induction Kit
Some kind of remap
FORGE 007p Dump valve

KEEPLS

How much do you think to do that will cost?? I really want it done and soon!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.